Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Michelins

11K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  superfunkomatic 
#1 ·
As anyone run the Michelin Anakee wild tires ? I can get a good deal on a set but don't know anyone that has used them. I was going with the Karro's but tempted by the Michelins

#4 ·
I haven't got my AT yet order 1st week of August and been told by dealer delivery mid November, I went to the Honda Adventure Centre in Wales and the Metzler Karoo 3s are fantastic on and off road on both the manual and DCT, but I have also been looking at the Anakee Wild tyres and all the write-ups that i have read indicate they are superior to the Continental TK80's and the Metzler Karoo 3's

I have over the years put a lot of faith in Michelin tyres on any vehicle, agricultural tractors, HGV lorries, Cars and Motorbikes and never been let down so its really hard to decide do i order untried Michelins on the strength of reviews or the Metzlers which i know are good and have tested myself.

#6 ·
Response from Michelin below re Michelin Anakee wild tyres showing available for Africa Twin

Our website is jumping the gun a touch by showing the 18" rear, that's not with us until July of next year 2017

I've requested that we remove the listings for the Arica Twin, you're quite right as it stands we don't have a recommended fitment for the bike.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Best regards,

Tony

Tony Charlton
2w Product Technical Manager

UK & ROI

#7 ·
To resurrect this old thread, I've used the front Michelin Anakee Wild and it is excellent.
It's still on my AT with 6,500 kilometres on the tire and looks like it'll do another couple thousand.
This is one of the most stable and reassuring front tires I've used on a dual sport bike. It really connects and grips in all conditions and is a strong road performer.
I used it on a Western Canada/Alaska journey in dirt, gravel, muck and pavement. It worked very well in all situations.
I'll be buying another one next spring to do another cross-Canada and back journey.

#9 ·
I have the Rugged Roads fender lift but I'm 98% sure that even without it you won't have any issue with clearance between the tire and fender. The front knobs are only 6-7 mm.

#11 ·
Michelin has a new tire that might be just right for you. The Anakee Adventure is a 80/20 Tire with 2CT+ (dual compound) technology. I currently have Shinko 804/805 and love them and they have served me well. The rear is worn out after a recent trip of hard riding on and off road. It's time for a new tire. I have the new Anakee Adventure in the garage waiting to be put on.

#17 ·
I've used them on my Varadero. They were really good road and touring tires.
I didn't find them very confidence inspiring on gravel and loose surfaces (but they aren't really designed for that).
If you're mostly on the road these are for you. If you like to venture into gravel and fire roads, I think there are many other better and cheaper tires for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.