Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's your average of autonomy for the non-dct version? I couldn't find a thread (but didn't look for it more than 5 minutes, though..)

Some recent averages to share?

I was surprised to make today's trip with one full tank:

342 Km for 15,8 litres (212 miles for 4.2 gallons)

Meaning 51 mpg (4.6L / 100 Km)
5% Urban / 50% Road/ 45% Mountain
(Give or take)

I have a boosterplug installed, but normally that would not make it drink less, quite the opposite (in traffic).

V

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
991 Posts
If you're looking for fuel economy data, I've found the website Fuelly really useful.
Here are the Africa Twin Fuel Economy data.

My bike isn't even fully broken in and I can easily get 340-360 kilometres per tank.

Reactions: AT-Dragon and jmf72

·
Registered
312 Posts
I started riding mine like a *****, and the first few rides I got up to 430kl./tank
Now I ride it like it was meant to be ridden, and average 350kl.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Highest I went was 22km/l, which allows around 410km, but that was when I rode the speed limit.

Considering the fact that I'm almost 100kg, I would say this was a very good figure.

Nowadays I get around 20.8-ish km/l. I ride like a madman to work and ride like a tortoise back home :p

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
712 Posts
If you're looking for fuel economy data, I've found the website Fuelly really useful.
Here are the Africa Twin Fuel Economy data.

My bike isn't even fully broken in and I can easily get 340-360 kilometres per tank.
That's 207 to 219 miles on a tank for US folks.

Question is how big is your tank Super?

BTW, I have my AT data uploaded to Fuelly. Go look for the user wlwood.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Isn’t the 2016 18.9 Liters?
I’m light and consistent on the throttle. Except when I’m not...

That's 207 to 219 miles on a tank for US folks.

Question is how big is your tank Super?

BTW, I have my AT data uploaded to Fuelly. Go look for the user wlwood.

Reactions: WeeWilly

·
Registered
991 Posts
We’ve got plenty of mountains here (the Rockies). I’ve always seemed to get decent fuel economy on bikes. Virtually every bike I’ve had I get 10-15% better economy than others on Fuelly. Not sure why.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yup, and if you are not busy climbing mountains, 400 to 410 kms per 18.8L tank.
For us Anglo-ignorant folk, that's 50.1 to 51.3 mpg - US gallons of course.

Willy's averaging 40.2 mpg with his Stage 2 EJK setting. This is across all riding styles. Trail riding exceeds 43 mpg.

Reactions: superfunkomatic

·
Super Moderator
6,793 Posts
For us Anglo-ignorant folk, that's 50.1 to 51.3 mpg - US gallons of course.

Willy's averaging 40.2 mpg with his Stage 2 EJK setting. This is across all riding styles. Trail riding exceeds 43 mpg.
I am not gentle with the AT and 51 U.S. mpg is correct.

Are you satisfied with 40 to 43 mpg - that is, is that what you expect for your riding ritual?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I am not gentle with the AT and 51 U.S. mpg is correct.

Are you satisfied with 40 to 43 mpg - that is, is that what you expect for your riding ritual?
I get a lot more low and medium-end torque out of this substantially-derated Honda engine using my EJK settings DT. Red uses a lot more fuel at lower RPMs than the stock maps do. I can make this beast do things (within reason) that those on stock maps cannot do. I'm a big guy. I like the extra oompf. You need to add fuel to make these things happen.

Remember, I'm running a jet kit set to Stage 2. There's more fuel going into the cylinders than allowed by the stock maps in certain areas. Basically, lower RPM and higher throttle demands.

Reactions: DoubleThumper

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've also installed the EJK. I am in the process of tuning my 2017 AT Manual. I'm stock. So far I run the stock 0% change mapping they show on their listing except I've increased the green range fueling a half step.

I really only bought it to relieve the choppy low speed behavior. It's much improved.

Ultimately, I would like a fuel efficient map for highway speeds with a little more fuel down low. I'm still learning the ways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts