Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
this thread was helpful. My bars aren't aligned after multiple drops, going to try to loosen and fix em on the weekend!
Dropped mine first time out hitting the logging roads. I re-aligned my bars by loosening the clamp bolts and adjusting. A month later I ordered the Camel ADV Bridged riser and installed it. It's supposed to lessen the chances of the bars going out of whack. Haven't had the misfortune to test it but it looks up to the task.

If they move by using main strength and awkwardness, the bolts aren't tight enough.
Can't say you're wrong...but I torqued mine to spec and was able to get a very minor adjustment out of it with bracing the front wheel and putting a bit of muscle into it...wasn't so awkward FYI...LOL. They haven't budged since and I've done a couple thousand km's and at least 500-800 kms off-road. YMMV

·
Registered
45 Posts
My bike has around 3k miles on it now and I only recently noticed that the bars were not straight. This was only after reading about this issue though and it doesn't really bother me too much. My bike has never been dropped so I'm fairly sure that it would have been like it from new. Is there a set procedure in the service manual for setting the alignment?

·
Registered
48 Posts
No big deal at all. My brand new 2018 ATAS was not aligned correctly either but just turning the handlebar right or left, hard against the stops, takes care of the situation.

Sam:)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts