Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all..

I have a 2015 Crossrunner at the moment and am seriously thinking about changing to owning the new Africa Twin after a recent test ride.

But before taking the plunge I thought I should ask the following:

My ownership of the Crossrunner has been marred by a repeated speedo meter misting up. A few other owners of the 2015 Crossrunner have also experienced the same irritating problem; have there been any issues like this with new Africa Twin anybody please?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not had this happen to me. I've had the bike in snow, light and heavy rain in the first 2 months. Doing long and short trips. As well as washing it with a jet wash. I must admit, I was worried washing it with a jet wash, but it seems pretty wash proof to me after nearly 5 months.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have not noticed it on my AT but it did occur on my former NC700X. Seems it is a Honda thing then.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Done 10,000 km on my twin. no probs with misting speedo but speedo is out 10km per hour. speedo read 110km/p/h actually only doing 100km/p/h. Honda replaced speedo on warranty ,made no difference, still out 9km, Honda reckoned that was acceptable.!!!!so bought a speedo healer wired in, reads true now cost $300nz

·
Registered
159 Posts
Done 10,000 km on my twin. no probs with misting speedo but speedo is out 10km per hour. speedo read 110km/p/h actually only doing 100km/p/h. Honda replaced speedo on warranty ,made no difference, still out 9km, Honda reckoned that was acceptable.!!!!so bought a speedo healer wired in, reads true now cost $300nz
The speedo error has been talked about else where on this forum. Tho I'm surprised they even replaced it as a speedo issue, as it is pretty common to have 5-10% optimistic read on most motorcycles. Mine has always been overly optimistic, but I gave up caring, cuz it make really no diff as long as I'm going about the same speed as others in traffic, then no problem. (For me anyways).

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I spoke too soon above. Yesterday I got misting inside the instrument cluster. I hadn't recently washed the bike.
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts