Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I don't even have my AT yet, but expect it in a week or so. Needless to say, I'm giddy like a schoolgirl. So, first order of business - dat rubber! I'm really leaning to getting a set of Mitas E07s but am somewhat concerned about the fact that the rear is a tubeless tire. A few questions for you guys actually running the Mitas E07 on the rear with a tube:

1. I've read a few things about potential problems with heat, the necessity to reduce speed, etc., but have any of you actually had problems?
2. Is this a setup you'd recommend? Any regrets?

Also, has anyone switched out their rear rim to tubeless to run it with a tubeless tire?

Anything else I should be considering here?

Thank you!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the Mitas E-07's on my AT with heavy duty tubes and no problems after almost 10,000 kms. I rode 5,500 kms in 8 days, most of it highway and haven't experienced any heating problems that I noticed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I just switched from the Mitas to a shinko 805. Put about 5500 miles on the Mitas E-07 with a tube.... No issues at all! Great tire! To be honest though, I have LOVED the 805 just as much, and it is alot cheaper. Road manners are great, and it is def better off road!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm running the Shinko 804 and 805 which are tubeless and have HD tubes in. 2000 miles so far and no problems and the Shinkos are great and wearing well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have Mitas E-07 rear. No issues on the road at 70-75 mph (maybe a bit more). Good traction for 90% of my off road riding

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes, need to run a tube. Nothing special for a tube, not a heavy duty one. The Mitas has a very stiff side wall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts