Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Mitas E10 Front question?

9K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  11674 
#1 ·
Currently running the Mitas E07+ rear & E10 front combination.

7500km on both & the front has a strange wear pattern. It seems every 2nd block has nearly hit the wear indicator point. Are the blocks made of different rubber?

Rear look good for another 2000km.

Used of sportsbikes 2/1 rear/front change pattern. This seems to be the opposite??

#2 ·
Fronts definitely last a lot longer. That's pretty good wear from that set of tires.

Maybe the wear has to do with how the front carries load on our bike. My Michelin Anakee Wild tire (front) has nearly 10,000 kilometres. The centre and edges look like 75% but alternating knobs away from the centre are worn down and the wear is angled away from the rotation - odd.

#3 ·
Currently running the Mitas E07+ rear & E10 front combination.

7500km on both & the front has a strange wear pattern. It seems every 2nd block has nearly hit the wear indicator point. Are the blocks made of different rubber? Rear look good for another 2000km.
Used of sportsbikes 2/1 rear/front change pattern. This seems to be the opposite??
You must be very aggressive on the front brake on pavement and/or you are under inflated.
Blocks are not made of different rubber.
I've 6.5K km on my E10 Dakar front E07+ rear and the front is hardly worn - will easily last through a 2nd E07+ rear.
Post a picture of what you mean by 'every 2nd block has nearly hit the wear indicator'

#4 ·
You must be very aggressive on the front brake on pavement and/or you are under inflated.

Blocks are not made of different rubber.

I've 6.5K km on my E10 Dakar front E07+ rear and the front is hardly worn - will easily last through a 2nd E07+ rear.

Post a picture of what you mean by 'every 2nd block has nearly hit the wear indicator'
I am thinking of running the same combo. How do you like it? Looking to do 70 on road 30 off!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Have had two Mitas E07 on the front and they both wear the same way.
The tyre is not under inflated and I do ride aggressively on the open road.
Did ask my tyre dealer and he said it was due to my aggressive riding and hard front braking on the open road.

I like the Mitas E07's as they preform very well on wet roads and on the gravel.

#6 · (Edited)
Just a side effect of yours ( and a lot of others) riding and where you mostly ride. I’ve pretty much always had 50/50 tires on my bikes and had the same issue. One thing I will say is, the tighter the tread pattern the less the uneven wear. You can expect it from any knobby tire, they are designed to cut/dig into the surface you are riding on and they can’t do that on tarmac, so you get funky wear patterns all having to do with average braking, speed, deceleration (in short the way you ride) and the space between the blocks and the size of each block. Tho this dose also apply to the rear but because of the acceleration effect that is only present on the rear it still is a alternating pattern like the front but effects all the blocks/knobs in that one wares from the front edge and respectively one from back edge so you get an more even wear patten on a whole.... Confused yet? I short, it’s normal for a knobby in front run on tarmac to do that..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.