Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DCT bike recently wouldn't start at all which was traced to a dodgy positive connection to the battery which I think I have sorted. I now have 2 other issues. One is every now and again when I start the bike it fires up OK, the side stand is up but instead of getting the big N in the dash there is a horizontal line and pushing the D/S button doesn't engage the 1st gear. The other is the ave consumption remains as dotted lines even after a long run. (The trip meter also has a negative sign in front of the number but I can't remember if it was always like that).

Anyone else had these problems? Or am I doing something wrong. Has the intermittent connection or optimiser screwed with the electronics perhaps?

Cheers.

·
Registered
163 Posts
There is 3 trip meters on the bike and an odometer. The 2 trip meters on the same part of the dash are regular trip meters. The one on the fuel consumption screen is a negative trip. I'm not sure of the point of that but it's there. As for you're other issues I can't help but hopefully you get it sorted.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is 3 trip meters on the bike and an odometer. The 2 trip meters on the same part of the dash are regular trip meters. The one on the fuel consumption screen is a negative trip. I'm not sure of the point of that but it's there. As for you're other issues I can't help but hopefully you get it sorted.
Thanks Nusk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes I do but not always. As I understand it if I turn it off in gear the bike will change itself back to neutral as part of the shut off or start up procedure. Perhaps the dodgy battery connection has been preventing it doing that. I will try putting it in neutral everytime and see if that fixes things. Thanks.

·
Registered
62 Posts
One is every now and again when I start the bike it fires up OK, the side stand is up but instead of getting the big N in the dash there is a horizontal line and pushing the D/S button doesn't engage the 1st gear.
Than what do you do? How do you get it goin?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Than what do you do? How do you get it goin?
Turn it off and on again a few times until it clears. I started it half a dozen times today and put it in Neutral before shutting it down and the problem did not re-occur so I guess I will add this to my procedures from now on.

Resetting the trips a couple of times brought the ave consumption back again, so fingers crossed the bike is back to normal at the moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts