Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to Morocco early May, I did the same route last year, I'm looking at booking the ferry end of this month from UK to Spain then travel south to get a ferry to Ted Med,
I've got newly 2000 miles of trails so about 9 days trail riding, I'll take another 6 days traveling to Morocco,
If any one fancys sharing a room on the ferry to reduce cost, or if you fancy taking in some fantastic trails in Morocco get in touch and I can give more details

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I’m now traveling Plymouth to Santander 6th May return 23rd May cost ferry £340 return seat only, the ferry to Morocco is £92 return.

Because I’m taking the van to Plymouth with the bike inside I’ve decided that my chosen bike is my Honda crf 250 rally, I’ll be traveling as light as possible, I may camp on the way down Spain then I will book hotel south Spain leave most of my stuff there till I return from Morocco,
As it’s so cheap in Morocco I’ll be stopping in accommodation so all I’ll be carrying is a change of clothes and tools.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m traveling down from the northeast I’ll have room in the van for one more bike if needed

·
Registered
158 Posts
Seats !

So I’m now traveling Plymouth to Santander 6th May return 23rd May cost ferry £340 return seat only, the ferry to Morocco is £92 return.

Because I’m taking the van to Plymouth with the bike inside I’ve decided that my chosen bike is my Honda crf 250 rally, I’ll be traveling as light as possible, I may camp on the way down Spain then I will book hotel south Spain leave most of my stuff there till I return from Morocco,
As it’s so cheap in Morocco I’ll be stopping in accommodation so all I’ll be carrying is a change of clothes and tools.
From the sound of it you know the score.
I did Morocco several times and only once used a 'seat', it was not very restful so I waited until the bar closed then slept on an upholstered seat :wink2:
Your choice of bike looks to be right, on a few trips I used a RR 690R, but did the majority on my old 640 Adv, between the two the 640 is my choice of beast, still have it. Anyway enjoy the experience. :grin2:

M

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I no where you commin from M, I’m used to it,
Traveling from Greece to Italy for two day ferry on a roll.
I’ll find a load corner and sleep like a baby with me ear plugs in and night shade on,,,lol,,,?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts