Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a Mosko Pico tank bag to try and stash my phone for Android Auto without having to see another screen. Turned out perfectly. The lid is a great spot to stash a bear banger, and soon a can of bear spray. Fully waterproof and has a port to pass a USB cable into the bag from underneath. Mounts nicely with the Swegotech fork shield.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Love a dirty bike!! Was thinking about adding the Swegotech fork shield - what are your thoughts on it - does it help? I've already added a tall windscreen - a Batzen screen adjuster to take it even higher - and upper and lower wind deflectors. Trying to quiet things down a bit when I'm cruising long distances. Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Love a dirty bike!! Was thinking about adding the Swegotech fork shield - what are your thoughts on it - does it help? I've already added a tall windscreen - a Batzen screen adjuster to take it even higher - and upper and lower wind deflectors. Trying to quiet things down a bit when I'm cruising long distances. Any advice would be appreciated!
Some report mixed results with the Swegotech but for me it was a game changer. I am 5"9' on a 2019 ATAS. The fork shield drastically reduced noise and helmet buffeting. Well worth the effort for relativley litte cash and install time.

·
Administrator
3,670 Posts
They are a "must-have" in my opinion. I added one to my 2016 AT and it made a huge difference. My wife was also suffering from buffeting on her 2017 and she likewise felt it made a huge difference for her. When I traded my 2016 at for my current 2019 ATAS, the Swegotech was the first accessory I added to it.

But of course everyone's experience is different, YMMV and all of that :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with Cuch and Eric. Definitely worth it, but YMMV.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
Hey @InedibleRider I have been searching for a tank bag for my 16. I want small so the Pico looks to be the one. When I look at your pics it looks like it could get annoying when standing. Do you rub or bump into it when the going gets tough?
Not the @InedibleRider but I have also put the Pico through it's paces on my 18'.. No rubbing or nut interference. I'm 6' with a 33" inseam and never notice the Pico when riding.

Occasionally you will feel the straps on the inside of your thigh when hugging the bike but it is not an annoyance to me.

Sky Cloud Plant Vehicle Sports equipment
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

1 - 10 of 10 Posts