Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Mosko Reckkess

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cosmok 
#1 ·
n00b

Looking at the Backcountry panniers or the Reckless 80 or 40 for my Africa Twin. Came across some posts pointing out mounting problems for the reckless on the Africa Twin. I'd like to hear from anyone running the reckless system on their Africa Twin.
Thanks,
Pete

#3 ·
I have the reckless 80 for my 2017 AT. Fits fine. It flairs a bit because of the wide passenger handgrips but it straps on securely without any problems, is still narrower than racks and hard panniers. I do have a SW motech top rack (I use a Kappa top case around town) that probably helps in securing the Reckless 80 over the standard AT rear rack. I only use the reckless 80 when I am on a trip. Used last year for 12 days and around 8500 km with absolutely no issues. Well made, well designed, allows you to carry a lot of gear. I never had any issues with it coming loose or shifting to any extent. When I dont need it, undo the 5 straps securing the harness and it is off the bike, simple couple minute task to install or remove once you get used to it ( I do check the straps occasionally to ensure nothing shifts or comes loose, but I do that with strapped on drybags also).
Good product, glad I bought it.

#5 ·
The reckless 80 is actually designed to mount over the passenger seat area. I tend to shift it rearwards a bit to allow myself more room. An aftermarket top rack makes securing the harness easier and there is lots of room for an additional drybag behind the R80. Not much of a photo taker, attached images are from last summer, the red bag is a 50l drybag. I had just picked up luggage from Mosko's warehouse and was still sorting out my packing technique (green cinch straps are much shorter now). If you mount it too far back you will run into exhaust pipe issues unless you install pannier racks, but the whole purpose of the R80 is to not need the scaffolding. It is designed for 1 up riding.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.