Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I am looking at getting the AT but I would never ride off road... :frown2:

Just don't have the need for it in the uk... 99% of the time on roads and motorways 1% gravel drive...:wink2:

So I got thinking would it be possible to put smaller wheels in th AT? 17" rims front and back?
I wonder how it would handle?
Is this a bonkers idea? :confused:
Looked at the Suzuki v-storm 1000 as well but prefer the look of the AT sounds fantastic...
I currently ride a Z1000sx and have been looking at getting an adventure style of bike.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I ride mine on road only, no problem. I love not having to panic if I come to a gravel road or one of the always ongoing road construction areas. Just cruizin.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mines for road use too, nothing wrong with that, other than the hard seat it's a brilliant road bike. The wind protection is fab, rode mine to the Pyrenees and back without ear plugs no problem at all !

·
Registered
287 Posts
I only use mine on the road, Brilliant road bike ,

Think if I was you I'd buy something else, like a Ducati Hypermotard, or Strada

·
Registered
479 Posts
Is this a bonkers idea? :confused:

Yes, bonkers, just buy a different bike!

·
Registered
479 Posts
You might be better starting off with something like a Triumph Tiger Sport, similarly priced to the AT with pseudo Adv bike styling. A road bike for tarmac adventures really. Good value too based on its specification.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Jedi,

I have a 2014 vstrom 1000 and the manual AT. If you intend to spend 99% of your time on asphalte, I say go for the VStrom. Put a skid plate on it for the 1% of grave time.

The Vstrom is a bit more powerfull, a bit heavier to handle but for sure a better cruiser at highway speed. The 6th speed is a genuine overdrive compared to the AT. Cheap as well. Try both before you pull the trigger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts