Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been thinking about converting my rims to tubeless for a while & have seen the MOTION PRO ARMOR RIM STRIP TAPE on the net, but I cant find any specs of the width of the strips.
Im wondering if anyone hear has used these rim strips as I would like to know if the strips are wide enough to completely cover the spokes & spoke holes?
I would use the tape in conjunction with sikaflex marine sealant that I have used before on my KTM motad wheels. I like the idea of these strips as they are tough & should survive longer than the outex & 3m tape that can be used.

https://www.motionpro.com/product/11-0062

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just had a reply back from Motion Pro about the Rim strips: The 11-0061 Armor Rim Strip Tape for 21” wheels is 1” wide. The 11-0062 tape for 18/19” wheels is 1.25” wide

·
Registered
335 Posts
I just had a reply back from Motion Pro about the Rim strips: The 11-0061 Armor Rim Strip Tape for 21” wheels is 1” wide. The 11-0062 tape for 18/19” wheels is 1.25” wide
So not wide enough I guess.

I’m going the 3m route and have the sealant and tape on the way. But I’ll still put the rubber rim strip over the tape as an extra protection and to keep it all tight. Also read one review that suggest using Harley Davidson rim strips for 20 and 17 inch respectively as you can get wider ones and they are really tough supposedly.
Is that what you’re looking for?
I’m not sure I trust just using sealant so that’s why I also got the 3m tape as double protection, and the rim strip is triple protection.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts