Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
On the side stand.

However, once set, arguably as some have mentioned in the Forum, you can use the resulting re-measured slack value when on the center stand.

I have been using this method quite reasonably this year, and of course it is easy to measure (and adjust, if required).

If the Africa Twin was shipped with a center stand, I am sure the user's manual procedure would illustrate using the center stand.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,422 Posts
The method Honda gives for chain adjustment is on the side stand.
You can of course initially do that to get it within specs then put on the centre stand and see what it measures. From that point on you can put on the centre stand and check that the measurement taken previously is correct, if not then adjust to make it so.

Edit
Too slow :D

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
The method Honda gives for chain adjustment is on the side stand.
You can of course initially do that to get it within specs then put on the centre stand and see what it measures. From that point on you can put on the centre stand and check that the measurement taken previously is correct, if not then adjust to make it so.

Edit
Too slow :D
I thought my brain was in some sort of "entanglement" when I wrote my response, but thought nothing more of it. Now I know why.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I found the motion pro tool impossible to use on the africa twin. If anyone has a video showing how they are doing it I would love to see it. The problem for me was the various curves in the swingarm meant there was no proper edge to use the tool against.
Mike

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
I found the motion pro tool impossible to use on the africa twin. If anyone has a video showing how they are doing it I would love to see it. The problem for me was the various curves in the swingarm meant there was no proper edge to use the tool against.
Mike
It essentially sucks.

I went back to traditional approaches. Some folks just cut a piece of wood set to the desired chain sag droop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts