Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I looked online for a wider rear rim lock....no luck. I don't think a 2.50 rear rim lock would be nearly wide enough for a 4.00" rim.

On the other hand, with the AT weighing 0ver 500 lbs, I would not see the need for them as I would probably never run less than 28lbs of tire pressure for fear of flat spotting a rim on rough terrain.

I own a KLR and run 25-30lbs and have never spun a tire on a rim.

I would use the lightweight MotionPro rim lock on the front wheel.

http://www.motionpro.com/product/11-0060

·
Registered
66 Posts
So, you can install one in the front but not in the rear?

Thats what I think
Emailed Motion Pro to ask about rear wheel rim lock. This the reply:

At this time we do not offer a rim lock for your machine. I cannot comment on whether or not there is one upcoming. If you have any other questions please feel free to call or email.

Thank you,
Kyle Northend
Senior Account Manager
Motion Pro, Inc.
(650) 594-9600 x 109 | Fax (650) 594- 9610
3171 Swetzer Rd
Loomis, CA 95650

So, no rear wheel rim lock soon, if ever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you decide to run a rim lock on the front wheel/tire and run low air pressure......update this thread with how much a bent/flat spotted rim cost to replace.?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've bought a 2018 Adventure Sports and have just returned from a week in the Victorian High COuntry (Australia) - Mostly bitumen but we did about 200kms of dirt/gravel roads where I spun the wheel on the tyre and ripped the valve off the rear .......... I was running the recommended 41 psi in that tyre.......... I had both the Torque control and ABS off.... when I replaced the tube I turned all the electrics to full and had no further issues..... (however nowhere near the fun I was having before the flat - basically I became a passenger)
I will be looking to fit a RIM lock for my next dirt run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts