Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Motorcycle News has got their hands on an Africa twin and they took it on a 865-mile to Cornwall to find out how it stacks up against it's rivals, the KTM 1190 Adventure R, BMW’s R1200GS and Triumph’s Tiger 800 XCx.

The test article is going to be in this weeks issue so if anyone subscribes, keep an eye out for it and maybe share a page or two. :grin2:

For now, here's a few amazing pictures they took on the road.

I think the AT is the one in the front going through the water like it's nothing.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That was....disappointing. Seems their version of adventure now is to cover a lot of road miles. Their previous adventure bike reviews had Llewellyn Pavey riding them or at least Micheal Guy, who was into that sort of riding.

·
Registered
460 Posts
They also had an S10 owner along as a guest rider but they didn't ask him for his opinion as far as I can see. He probably contributed to the overall findings but it would have been good to have his actual thoughts.

I would imagine that a lot of UK riders would consider what they did as an adventure. Bit of motorway to avoid over-crowded towns, a few nice A and B roads, a little bit of green laning and then go home... You have to have more time and money to have a good one - or be based further North where it's less crowded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts