Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I found a Africa Twin that I really like. This bike located in Miami and I need it shipped to San Diego. I was told from a reliable source to use AA Motorcycle for shipping, however, I want to check all available options out there. If any of you know any good shippers please let me know.

Thanks a million :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Take a look at https://www.uship.com/ - the eBay of transport. When it started up, the theory was that sometimes truckers will either be returning empty from delivering a load or have less than a full load going out and are willing to pick up and deliver something at a savings to the person shipping. Might not be so true today, since some drivers seem to work exclusively out of the UShip site, which isn't a problem, especially if they have a route that includes your pick up and destination points.

The process from the customer's end is simple. Sign up, post a request for a bid to transport a bike from/to with approximate dates, and get several bids to do the work. You can communicate with the drivers before deciding and pick from them or not and you are not obligated to pick any of them. There are some safety tips you should consider before choosing; for example, do they have insurance that covers their load (your bike). Google "shipping a bike" to see what other points you need to know.

Uship posts feedback for the drivers from actual customers, so picking a driver is not a complete crap shoot. And, with independent drivers, you can usually communicate with them via cell phone, text, email and sometimes track their movements electronically (some kind of GPS posting). I've used UShip twice to have motorcycles delivered and had good results both times.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Fly to Miami and ride it back to San Diego thru back roads. That would be a nice trip. ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts