Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Can't wait for the video review as those guys make some of the best around. Shame they lost half of their video though...hopefully they still have the off road stuff.

And maybe I missed it, but that was the first time I've seen June mentioned as the delivery date for the US. Kind of what I figured based on how the dates for other regions appears to have slipped a little.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can see this "ABS and HSTC reset themselves every time you turn the bike off" ...is going to annoy me too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Review seems to match others I've read, which is that the DCT is a revelation off road but not perfect if you're pushing the bike hard on road in the twisties. But that doesn't bother me too much, as I'm pretty sure I'd put the DCT into manual mode when doing that sort of riding and pick my own gears.

Commuting = DCT in auto
Touring = DCT in auto
Off road = DCT in auto
Twisties = DCT in manual

Surely that's what most people would do, right? So it doesn't bother me when I read that the DCT when left in auto mode isn't always as sporty as you might like.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've ridden a DCT CrossTourer......fabulous machine (tho' rather heavy). If the new gen DCT is significantly better, I wouldn't worry in the slightest about any aspect.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Review seems to match others I've read, which is that the DCT is a revelation off road but not perfect if you're pushing the bike hard on road in the twisties. But that doesn't bother me too much, as I'm pretty sure I'd put the DCT into manual mode when doing that sort of riding and pick my own gears.

Commuting = DCT in auto
Touring = DCT in auto
Off road = DCT in auto
Twisties = DCT in manual

Surely that's what most people would do, right? So it doesn't bother me when I read that the DCT when left in auto mode isn't always as sporty as you might like.
DCT auto seems most valuable when in traffic anyways. Slow speed stuff and what not

1 - 12 of 12 Posts