Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered if any one has bought or tried this screen ? :grin2:

Looks like this would be ideal for my winter riding, nice looking screen too, :wink2:

·
Registered
790 Posts
I've bought their short screen as that's my preference. It's not as well made as the short Powerbronze I also bought (which I'll sell), but it's a nicer shape. The edges aren't as well cut, a bit wobbly, tho' they give you a plastic edge trim to cover the edge up....which no matter how I tried, couldn't get to fit and stick round the curves of the screen. The main annoying point is they have six holes drilled through the screen, and we only use four bolts, so I had to blank off the two middle holes with some plastic covers.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just ordered one of the black versions for myself too. Hoping it will suit the red and black on my bike.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would have asked MRA about the " complete replacement " if it came with two extra holes like the tall honda screen but no mounting gear .

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought this screen (MRA Touring from twisted throttle). I hate to say it, especially about an MRA product, but for me it just plain sucked. Actually increased the amount of buffeting. I am 5'11.5" with a 30.5" inseam. The OEM tall windscreen ended up working the best for me.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'd love to try out the medium Touratech screen which is 2" taller than the MRA screen I have fitted currently (and 2" shorter than the standard oe screen). But the exorbitant price is holding me back and also that I haven't found one report on how good/bad it is anywhere. I have been toying with the idea of swinging past Touratech HQ in Germany to delve into their shop this summer. >:)

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yep, I have the MRA touring screen with the Vario adjuster fitted. Excellent value for money and the Vario adjuster is fantastic. I am 5 foot eleven inches in height and with the adjuster extended, it is fantastic. I just rode 3500km and it works a treat on long road stretches - definitely a good product.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have been running the MRA Vario Touring screen since nearly new. Great screen for me. Being able to tune the spoiler makes a big difference. So good I stopped looking for any other improvements.

Rob

·
Registered
170 Posts
Rob after checking MRA's site I see they do not ship to the states, can I ask how you got yours. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my experience the best solution to buffeting etc is the madstad screen available from HPS in the uk. See MIKE 5100 report on this screen.Cheers drew

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have been using an MRA Vario for months, and find it suits me perfectly for tarmac and light offroad; I kept my stock screen for serious dirt. The stock screen beat me to death on the hiway, but the MRA is great, no buffeting, more coverage, and less noise. I am 6'1", and wear a peaked helmet. Incidentally, I do not find it ugly at all....

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well, I like the TT screen a lot.....but, I did have to alter it. I found that the upright top edge of the screen was causing turbulence over 50mph and my head was bobbling about while wearing my Arai TourX lid. I tried to sell the screen as I thought it wasn’t good enough to no avail so bit the bullet and cut off that top portion with my Dremel. It turned out to be a eureka moment as this transformed the airflow. I now have a screen that I’m happy with and I no longer have to spend £££ on any further screens.
1E284788-54BC-4A2D-AE49-FEEDDC3F771D.jpeg

·
Registered
790 Posts
If I’d bought the low screen, that would have saved me money, but it would have been lower than what I’ve ended up with.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts