Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an MSC RM3 steering damper from the boys in Oz, should be here first part of next week. I've had a Scotts on my last few dirt bikes, and it really helped here in Nevada where rock gardens are the norm when it comes to off road terrain. I was going to go Scotts again, but there isn't a mount kit available just yet. After doing several hours of research, I decided to go with the MSC over anything else due several factors...

• Availability. They are ready to go now, and I'm headed to Moab next month and wanted a damper on the bike.
  • Ease of installation. Their bracket set up is very intuitive and takes maybe 15 minutes to install without have to remove the upper clamp, handlebars, etc. GPR has a kit ready to go, but I wasn't very keen on their new handlebar riser.
  • Reputation. I could find absolutely nothing negative regarding MSC's dampers.
  • Simplicity. The MSC has a very easy user interface with only one knob and everything else taken care of with adaptive valving.
  • Warranty. MSC offers a 1-year, no hassle warranty. I might have to send it back to Oz if it breaks, but I can live with that.

The ONLY drawback I found was price, but this was due primarily to the higher shipping costs to get something sent from Down Under. I also opted for the express shipping which put the postage up around $45. Without the need for so many stamps, it would've put the whole package in the same range as all the others. More to follow once it arrives...SC

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Installed the damper a day ago. Took all of about 15 minutes. Very intuitive design and, just from a quick spin around the neighborhood, the thing works as promised. I can't wait to get it in the dirt...SC

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts