Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this Motion Pro Metric Multi-Purpose Tool for my 450, but found it fits perfect in the Africa Twins lower tool box located under the tank by the battery on the shifter side.

- A must-have for on-the-trail repairs or adjustments
- Can be used to remove 8, 10, 12 & 14 mm bolts, #2 & #3 Phillips screws, small & medium straight-slot screws and 5 & 6 mm Hex bolts
- Includes a 1/4" and 3/8" socket driver
- 10 mm & 12 mm 1/4". drive sockets included
- Enhance it by adding your own 1/4" or 3/8 " drive socket attachments
- Includes convenient carrying case
- Hard nickel pewter finish
- Replacement bits available separately

Even the perfect shape for the AT tool box! I plan on adding a couple more things to the tool bag under the seat like, additional sockets, allen wrenches, pliers, adjustable wrench, etc.

It is a little pricey for a small multi-tool at $53 from Amazon, but it is worth it to be because it is small, light weight, and contains a lot of the basic tools I would need on the road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got one for mine a couple of weeks ago, they make some great tools, also bought the 27mm socket on the tyre lever, then got the adapter to fit the wheel nut sizes.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Must Have tool kit ? To me that means being able to do basic repairs if you've broken down in the wilderness.
For those riders who will venture more than 50kl from a towing service I'm sure will all agree that, the only way to choose 90% of the correct tools is to do mock pit stops at home first.
It's great to have a full set of mini Allen keys and mini screw drivers, but have you ever used them in anger?
Try it, you may be surprised how useless they really are when it comes to accessing certain screws to loosen or tighten.
Only after removing and reinstalling parts of your bike will you know what tools work best for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Only after removing and reinstalling parts of your bike will you know what tools work best for you.
Wholeheartedly agree. Just because it fits doesn't mean its useful. While I don't have an AT to test on, the only tools that make it to my bike kit are tools that I use to do repairs at home, or tools that have a stellar reputation. I never want to find myself out on a trip with a sub-par kit, only to find the tools I have don't fit well, are inconvenient or they break when being used heavily (properly, meaning trying to loosen up stuck bolts etc.)

Thank being said, nothing wrong with trying out new tools, they might work great! Let us know if you have the misfortune of having to test them out (and lets hope they perform well!)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought this Motion Pro Metric Multi-Purpose Tool for my 450, but found it fits perfect in the Africa Twins lower tool box located under the tank by the battery on the shifter side.

- A must-have for on-the-trail repairs or adjustments
- Can be used to remove 8, 10, 12 & 14 mm bolts, #2 & #3 Phillips screws, small & medium straight-slot screws and 5 & 6 mm Hex bolts
- Includes a 1/4" and 3/8" socket driver
- 10 mm & 12 mm 1/4". drive sockets included
- Enhance it by adding your own 1/4" or 3/8 " drive socket attachments
- Includes convenient carrying case
- Hard nickel pewter finish
- Replacement bits available separately

Even the perfect shape for the AT tool box! I plan on adding a couple more things to the tool bag under the seat like, additional sockets, allen wrenches, pliers, adjustable wrench, etc.

It is a little pricey for a small multi-tool at $53 from Amazon, but it is worth it to be because it is small, light weight, and contains a lot of the basic tools I would need on the road.

Those motion pro tool kits fit under the seat, much less grief than that bloody tool box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts