Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,975 Posts
Nice pics and welcome

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks great. What crash bars are those?
They are the Outbak Motortek full combo, a dutch company, I was swung against them when I saw them testing their systems, also considering the AT they used to test their system on was the owner of the company's AT!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bike obviously looks great. But what camera are you using? Your pics are professional quality!
I shot about half of them using my Samsung A50, some of those I edited myself, others I sent to my friend to edit, the rest of the photos were taken on my mates Samsung Galaxy S9 and then edited.

No fancy cameras, just phones, some editing and the absolute stunning scenery of Scotland with the fantastic Africa Twin

·
Registered
79 Posts
I shot about half of them using my Samsung A50, some of those I edited myself, others I sent to my friend to edit, the rest of the photos were taken on my mates Samsung Galaxy S9 and then edited.

No fancy cameras, just phones, some editing and the absolute stunning scenery of Scotland with the fantastic Africa Twin
Thanks for reply! I'm in the States but touring Scotland on my AT is on the bucket list. Just have to get in on my wife's ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet looking bike! Some of the pictures can be used as wallpapers.
Cheers buddy! let's see yours?
This is my latest wallpaper photo (taken before the lockdown), what you see is the forth road bridge in the firth of forth just outside of edinburgh.
Absolutely desperate to get out and get some more photos!

·
Super Moderator
6,345 Posts
Thanks man! I can only take so much credit, I still rely on Scotland's gorgeous views for my photos, the rest is good positioning and a bit of editing!
Any of yours?
Not even close. I live in a somewhat metropolis nightmare.

However, when I do, I will indeed post here or in my showcase.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What kind of extra lights are you running on the crash bars?
Bike looks great!
Greetings from over the canal!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What kind of extra lights are you running on the crash bars?
Bike looks great!
Greetings from over the canal!
These are rigid duallys, I bought them from ebay then the plug and play fog light loom, switch and usb charger from africatwin.co.uk and he even changed the looms connectors to suit my duallys, fantastic service and price!

The bars are outbak motortek, cost a lot but they are well worth it as they have saved me off road when I drop it, rather spend more on bars than on plastics lol.

Thanks for that! Got some photos of yours?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Here’s mine. 2016 dct. Just got home from work after a nice but very warm ride, dash said 31° pfff.
My lights on the touratech crash bars came with the bike but one of them has water in it and is losing strenght so looking to replace them someday. Mine just go on when I turn my key, maybe I’ll look at installing a switch as well.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here’s mine. 2016 dct. Just got home from work after a nice but very warm ride, dash said 31° pfff.
My lights on the touratech crash bars came with the bike but one of them has water in it and is losing strenght so looking to replace them someday. Mine just go on when I turn my key, maybe I’ll look at installing a switch as well.
View attachment 55763
She looks great! Even if you have 4 wheels as well haha.
Yeah the duallys are pretty good, they come with a lifetime guarantee on waterproofing, I confirmed as they have a vent on the bottom which I asked if it had to be at the bottom or if they could be inverted, they stated they could be but would not recommend it but they would still be covered by the guarantee!

Yeah the loom is quite good, I have the optional fog light switch and the lights also come on when I flash my lights or put my main beam on, they're designwd for off road so are not road legal and I only use them when off roading or at night when nobody is about, which is what I got them for lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts