Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...

Here's what I've done to my bike so far:
• Outback Motortek Ultimate Protection Combo
• Outback Motortek Centre Stand
• Barkbuster handguards
• R&G Tailtidy
• R&G Plastic Headlight Protectors
• Honda OEM Panniers
• Side Tank pads & top tank pad (still to be installed)
• Onguard Waterproof iPhone 6 holder (for my navigation/music)
• Swegotech fork leg wind deflector (on order)
• Most importantly — Lego figure to hold my USB cable to keep phone charged

:wink2:

My thoughts (for what they are worth):
I think this is the best bike I have ever owned — period.

The minute I test rode the standard Africa Twin I was smitten.

Initially I was nervous about the height of the bike. Not because I'm afraid of tall bikes (I've owned x3 Honda CRF450Rs or try throwing your leg over a Husqvarna 250Xlite Enduro!) but because of the weight of it - at least twice the kilos (+ some) of what I'm used to.

But once that thing was rolling it was beautifully easy.
Tight U turns with no paddling feet — easy
Lovely exhaust sound
Amazing comfort
Looks awesome

I've put 1,500 miles on in 3 months, unheard of for me and the UK climate, no matter the weather I'm not phased and I'm out.

On my GSXR 750 there's not a hope in **** of getting me out in the wet, but on the AT I couldn't care and relish it. I've even deliberately gone out in some of the full on wet/windy weather so I can have a mini adventure.

Only slight annoyance for me:
At 5'10 I've had a peaked helmet weaken and then snap due to wind buffeting. Initially I thought it was due to the screen height, but I think it's coming up the fork leg tunnel.

Ive ordered a Swegotech to hopefully solve this.

Pictures below. I have also photoshopped the tank pad onto the side of a generic ATAS picture to make sure it would go with the rest of the colour scheme. Included it here for your viewing pleasure. :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
dude!

your lego is the ****!!!

I'm gonna get me one of those!!!!

and yes, i do agree about the ATAS being the best bike to own.

Although i have only had 2 previous bikes in the past, both HD's brand new 2012 48 and a bran new 2014 Fat Bob. COmpletely different from the ATAS, but, the ATAS is so much better.

Love it!!!

Cheers!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Love your bike, good job!

So...

Here's what I've done to my bike so far:
• Outback Motortek Ultimate Protection Combo
• Outback Motortek Centre Stand
• Barkbuster handguards
• R&G Tailtidy
• R&G Plastic Headlight Protectors
• Honda OEM Panniers
• Side Tank pads & top tank pad (still to be installed)
• Onguard Waterproof iPhone 6 holder (for my navigation/music)
• Swegotech fork leg wind deflector (on order)
• Most importantly — Lego figure to hold my USB cable to keep phone charged

/forum/images/AfricaTwinForum/smilies/tango_face_wink.png

My thoughts (for what they are worth):
I think this is the best bike I have ever owned — period.

The minute I test rode the standard Africa Twin I was smitten.

Initially I was nervous about the height of the bike. Not because I'm afraid of tall bikes (I've owned x3 Honda CRF450Rs or try throwing your leg over a Husqvarna 250Xlite Enduro!) but because of the weight of it - at least twice the kilos (+ some) of what I'm used to.

But once that thing was rolling it was beautifully easy.
Tight U turns with no paddling feet — easy
Lovely exhaust sound
Amazing comfort
Looks awesome

I've put 1,500 miles on in 3 months, unheard of for me and the UK climate, no matter the weather I'm not phased and I'm out.

On my GSXR 750 there's not a hope in **** of getting me out in the wet, but on the AT I couldn't care and relish it. I've even deliberately gone out in some of the full on wet/windy weather so I can have a mini adventure.

Only slight annoyance for me:
At 5'10 I've had a peaked helmet weaken and then snap due to wind buffeting. Initially I thought it was due to the screen height, but I think it's coming up the fork leg tunnel.

Ive ordered a Swegotech to hopefully solve this.

Pictures below. I have also photoshopped the tank pad onto the side of a generic ATAS picture to make sure it would go with the rest of the colour scheme. Included it here for your viewing pleasure. /forum/images/AfricaTwinForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png

1 - 3 of 3 Posts