Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just bought a Fuzeblock FZ1 and I'm about to start fitting it under the seat.
I'm not using the rear (under pillion seat) alarm socket for a switched live as it has a dealer fitted Datatool alarm in it and is completely mummified in insulation tape.

So I thought I'd use the red (diagnostic?) socket on the right of the bike to source a switched live. Previous advice has been to use the white/black in this socket but the 4 wires going to it on my 2018 bike are grey/blue, green/blue, brown/black and all white.

Also, I was going to connect an Optimate 0.8 lithium charger through the Fuzeblock on an unswitched terminal but the Fuzeblock I believe, has a maximum 10A fuse per circuit. The Optimate lead came with a 15A fuse in the SAE lead. Would it be ok to use the lower rated 10A fuse in the Fuzeblock or would it just blow?

Advice required urgently please.

Paul.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've just bought a Fuzeblock FZ1 and I'm about to start fitting it under the seat.
I'm not using the rear (under pillion seat) alarm socket for a switched live as it has a dealer fitted Datatool alarm in it and is completely mummified in insulation tape.

So I thought I'd use the red (diagnostic?) socket on the right of the bike to source a switched live. Previous advice has been to use the white/black in this socket but the 4 wires going to it on my 2018 bike are grey/blue, green/blue, brown/black and all white.

Also, I was going to connect an Optimate 0.8 lithium charger through the Fuzeblock on an unswitched terminal but the Fuzeblock I believe, has a maximum 10A fuse per circuit. The Optimate lead came with a 15A fuse in the SAE lead. Would it be ok to use the lower rated 10A fuse in the Fuzeblock or would it just blow?

Advice required urgently please.

Paul.
Charger only puts out 0.8amps so a 10 amp fuse will be fine, just dont try & start the bike with the charger connected

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charger only puts out 0.8amps so a 10 amp fuse will be fine, just dont try & start the bike with the charger connected
Ok Thanks, Optimate now connected. :smile2:

I still need to source a switched live though - anyone?

Paul.

·
Registered
325 Posts
here:

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully photo attached...wot I just took! Dealer wired me up a switched live for my PD oiler. Seems to be spliced into a brown wire?
Thanks for that, I'm guessing it's the brown with the black stripe in the picture. I'll try a multimeter on it tomorrow.

Just out of interest, would it be possible to get a plug to go into the red socket and just terminate the one pin needed to connect to the brown/black wire? That would avoid any splicing.
If so what plug would I need?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the red socket it´s for onborad diagnostic , only an idiot can do a job like that ... Why not use the six pins connector fitted , it´s also for that use ?

I'm not sure I follow your drift?

As already mentioned in the OP, the 6 pin socket has a dealer fitted Datatool alarm tape mummified into it and I'm reluctant to disturb it.

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
the red socket it´s for onborad diagnostic , only an idiot can do a job like that ... Why not use the six pins connector fitted , it´s also for that use ?

I'm not sure I follow your drift?

As already mentioned in the OP, the 6 pin socket has a dealer fitted Datatool alarm tape mummified into it and I'm reluctant to disturb it.
Just buy an extra male and female connector and do your own split harness , easy and cheaper .

@Ghostrider.1127: do you have the schematics in high resolution? Thank you!
yes i have also in PDF (16-17 dct and normal aswel) cannot upload them here due size

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hopefully photo attached...wot I just took! Dealer wired me up a switched live for my PD oiler. Seems to be spliced into a brown wire?
Thanks, that seems to be working ok. The brown/black going to the red plug is a switched live.
I tapped into it with a Posi Tap.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Mandami un messaggio privato con la tuo Indirizzo e-mail

Reactions: deltabi
1 - 19 of 19 Posts