Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
What crash bars did ye use and how wld ye rate them out of 10
Mine are the OEM Honda bars. They worked fine. Not sure how I would rate them out of 10 as I have no other comparison. Would I use OEM crash bars again, sure. I like how they are flexible and rubber mounted which I think works well for minor offs. Don't know how they would hold up in a major off.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sleeping AT. Going up Breedts Nek Pass I made a silly mistake and the AT decided to take a break :) The protection I added worked 100%.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Took an old Mercedes camper through there about 3 years ago. Dragged its tail on some of the creek crossings and filled it up with dust. Formed roads make you a bit relaxed to your detriment as I found out before Xmas. Dumped mine on a gravel road behind Lake Roxburgh Central Otago NZ while avoiding a washout . Didnt notice the ball bearing gravel in the centre of the road. Still waiting for the leg to heal and parts from the land of the rising sun. Ordered Outback crash bars and they arrived super fast considering they came from Hungary and it was over Xmas and new year.

·
Registered
134 Posts
They Givi bars?, glad they done the job for ya :)
Hi David. The Givi bars are also very nice, but no, these are Rockfox. Very happy with them as well as Barkbusters.

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks for that.dunno if they are an option here in Thailand, back in Australia spoilt for choice. These customs people here are ruthless, 100 or 200% import on everything. Might just cop it sweet and Touratech the whole thing, have local distributors at least....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts