Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Valkyrie, 2017 Africa Twin, 2002 Vulcan, 2007 KLR, 1970 550 Suzuki L
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought this helmet and I really like it. It fits alittle tight but it should loosen up as I wear it more.
I really like the ability to call home with just the touch of a buttom on the side of the helment. You can program 3 phone numbers in it . It has the Sena intercom. And it's accessible even with riding gloves on. It also has a flip down sun screen . It has a wind gaurd that prevents wind noise. People said there was no motor or wind noise and was loud and clear. And it has plenty volume than even I can hear as I am hard of hearing.

Used the intercon onlly twice. It was a little tricky pairing it up. It worked good up to a quarter mile in sight. But once I lost sight around curves a quarter mile lost reception. We just rode 11 hours and the battery still was at medium battery level.

I paired it to my Zumo gps for audio navigation. I have no intention in paring up music because it will eat up the battery time and my concentration. I would rather enjoy God's creation and focus on safe riding because I do twist the throttle occasionally.
Cycle Gear had it on sale for $209.00
My helment was old and it was time for a change.
20201216_102358.jpg

20201216_102318.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
$209 for a helmet and comms? Well, you would be hard pressed to find a better deal on new equipment of the individual components. I have used Bilt gear on a short term basis and it was fine. Hope this stays a good purchase for you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$209 for a helmet and comms? Well, you would be hard pressed to find a better deal on new equipment of the individual components. I have used Bilt gear on a short term basis and it was fine. Hope this stays a good purchase for you.
Rode with a friend on an I Indian and he had a Shoie with the same Sena 2os which he paid $900 for. He couldn'believe it . I may go back and buy another one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rode with a friend on an I Indian and he had a Shoie with the same Sena 2os which he paid $900 for. He couldn'believe it . I may go back and buy another one.
Liked it so much I went back and got my sweetheart one. Now we can talk to one another when riding .
IMG_5939.jpg
20190601_165440.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts