Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lads n laddets..

as the title descripts im broke but was in dire need of a screen solution.

i had laying around an old cracked screen from my old bike 2010 ninja 650.

i cut the cracked part out and flipped it upside down.. it fit like it was intentionally made for it.

to secure it i cut a stainless bracket in half drilled a hole and covered it in double sided tape and heat shrink to cushion the steel against the plastic. added a m8x25mm Allen head bolt , washers and nylock nut.
it clamps using the original ninja screen holes .. no holes in the africa's screen!!!!

in the pics its just above its lowest point. at its highest adjustment it tower's over my head and i have to look thru it..

it has changed my ride i can hear the bike purr instead of the horrid wind noise.

yes it looks a tad primitive but beggars can not be choosers.. it works and cost me $0.00..

i have priced up an aftermarket screen the same for $100aus shipped which still works out at under half price of any other option that ive found.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
There is a windscreen extension being sold for around $20-25 on ebay. I had a dealer give me one to try out. It works and it can be removed when not needed on long highway rides. Looks like you've solved your needs but if anyone else is looking for something like you've come up with there is an option available for a reasonable price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts