Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have searched about this problem in the forum but I havent found nothing.

The fact is that three weeks ago I was in the city stopped at the traffic light in red, waiting it turned in green. What was my surprise that when the traffic light was in green I twisted the throtlel and the bike turn off.

It hasnt happened anymore but it makes me to be not quite sure.

Anyone has experimented?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Doesn't sound like it really had anything to do with it being a DCT model or not. I have had lots of cars do that when cold, as well as manual transmission bikes when cold. Open the throttle quickly and the engine stalls.

Safe to assume it restarted when you hit the start button and you were on your way? Sounds like it was a one time thing.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Typhon, Motopumps:

Actually the bike was warm for long. Here in Spain to another members has happened. Quickly not much, the one has had much times has been 7 with 11.000km.

Somebody said that maybe is the right switch. I dont know.

Thank you for your replies!

·
Registered
14 Posts
ok, so we know the bike was sufficiently warm. there may be a problem with the switch.

does this bike have a kill switch attached to the side stand, so that the bike cannot be put into gear with the stand down? if so, i would check that too. also, if it does, make sure that your leg does not contact the side stand while waiting at a light. the slightest movement could trigger the kill switch.

good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi,

i have searched about this problem in the forum but i havent found nothing.

The fact is that three weeks ago i was in the city stopped at the traffic light in red, waiting it turned in green. What was my surprise that when the traffic light was in green i twisted the throtlel and the bike turn off.

It hasnt happened anymore but it makes me to be not quite sure.

Anyone has experimented?
yep it has happened to me and not when stationary - mine have happened while on the move - 7 at last count have kept track of them since 2nd one - honda say cant find anything - have stopped riding it for now

·
Registered
101 Posts
By pass the side stand switch and try it, would at least eliminate that if it still happens. Otherwise make em take it back, unsafe and unfit for purpose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
as i have mentioned before mine has stopped 7 times - Honda have had it back and found a Bank angle sensor was faulty - what this does is when you drop the bike while engine is on the sensor picks up a excessive lean and cuts the engine - as i said mine was faulty and is being changed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have seen this problem been posted on youtube once, some say it disappeared after a computer reset @dealership

1 - 10 of 10 Posts