Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my Silver DCT on Saturday and put around 400 tarmac miles on over the weekend. I have never road any DCT and the only thing I new about a DCT was what I have read but I had no trouble with reaching for a clutch or a shift lever, its like I have been riding one for ever. I rode it in MT for the first 250 miles because I didn't like how the D shifted early and lugged the motor. After the 250 miles I tried S3 and that seemed to work well with keeping the RPM's up for break in. I did have it hang on to some gears and had to back off let it down shift then try again or just dab the paddle and shift it. The bike is tall, a little to tall for me. I ordered the Soupy's lowering link today so I think that should make me more comfortable at stops. I did not play with the suspension yet, I figured I would leave it loosin up a little before playing with it. I rode till the fuel light started to flash and then stopped to fuel up. I had 195 miles on at that time and it took 3.968 gal, that's just over 49 mpg with a total range of 245 miles till empty. Handling and tires seem good, I came home with no chicken strips at all. I had a 1000 mile trip planned for this weekend on my ST but I think I'll take the AT instead. No regrets:smile2:at all.

·
Registered
166 Posts
It will be interesting to hear which bike gets ridden more if you still have the ST at Spring time.

When I bought my Concours, I had a Z1000 and a WR400F. The latter two were sold in 2014 because I was not riding them. The Concours has taken me many places and is not easy to clearly see a replacement with a single bike need.

Not that I am close-minded about letting go of the Concours.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts