Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought the new AT 2018 Adventure Sport two weeks ago.. and er.. this is all that remains of this lovely bike is a small piece of the steering lock.

It got stolen today by two teens who were not hampered in the slightest by the half ton 'Thatcham compliant' chain and lock nor by the Honda HISS
system which they bypassed in a matter of seconds with a short bit of wire to get away scott free into the sunset with my spanking brand new bike..

So..it anyone needs the part below as salvage or spares please pm me.. :crying:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Chi, I’m very sorry to hear this, no words could help you, but I hope the lowlife scum bags that took your bike, get what they deserve, sometime very soon! Where was it, when they stole it, at home or at at your work place in London?

It just shows, that no security device, will stop these scum. When you get your insurance, they ask what security devices you have, you just as well say none, as they are useless against a battery powered disc cutter!

·
Registered
97 Posts
They will probably part it out and sell the parts 3000 miles away. That sucks dude. What are you going to get with the insurance money?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They didn't make a sound so no disk cutter.. The bike was parked 20 feet from a flat I was in babysitting for a friend.. if I stood up I could see my bike through the window.
I was about to fit an alarm and tracker this week. At least an alarm would give me notice to get to the bike fast and give them less time to work. London is infested with rats..

I felt a bit of a **** coming home by bus in head to toe bike gear.

What will I get with the insurance? The exact same bike of course.

It's ironic that all the bits and bobs and addons I have ordered will be arriving all week.. but I will have no bike to put them on. Sigh..

·
Registered
465 Posts
That sucks!

I hear bike theft in the UK (especially in London) is off the roof!!! And most of these guys will outright moto jack in daylight. Crazy!

It must really suck to own a bike in the UK.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That sucks!

I hear bike theft in the UK (especially in London) is off the roof!!! And most of these guys will outright moto jack in daylight. Crazy!

It must really suck to own a bike in the UK.

The main issue is the judicial system in the uk, run by liberal people, that don’t want to deal with crime, don’t want to send people to prison and tie the Police hands behind their backs, not allowing them to pursue the criminal, for fear of prosecution themself, if the little darlings were to be injured or cause an accident. So basically these criminal gangs can freely carry out their activity, with little fear of either being caught or prosecuted. :mad:

·
Registered
178 Posts
So sorry to hear this, you must be gutted. How do you know they by past the HiSS with a wire?. It’s a sad fact that in the UK the police don’t want to know, the courts do everything they can to not send criminals to prison and the do gooders have completely f¥€ked society in the fact their more interested in the low life scums well-being, so the police can’t chase them in case they get hurt or die when they fall off the nicked bike.

The mayor of f¥€king London thinks it’s our and the manufacturers fault, as we aren’t doing enough to prevent theft. It’s a motorcycle, even if you chain it, disc lock both ends, alarm it, these scroats have disc cutters, a van and work in large teams, so can just lift the bike. If you try to stop them, they’ll attack you with knives, hammers or a disc cutter. And if you do manage to stop them and cause injury to them, the police will prosecute you for GBH. Watch the YouTube vids and you can see what’s going on, they’ll do it anywhere, even in a busy high street with lots of people about, anyone who challenges them gets attacked. The police need to be allowed to do their job unhinged, if these [email protected] get injured, then tough, the law should just say, if you break the law, you pay the consequences.

This issue in London is completely out of control, we, as motorcyclist need to make our voice heard, as if we don’t, we won’t be riding bikes sometime soon, as it will be nigh on impossible to get insurance. I apologise for my language and tone, but this really does boil my piss, especially as basically we can’t do sweet fa, to stop it.

Hope your insurance pays out soon and you get another one.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I bought the new AT 2018 Adventure Sport two weeks ago.. and er.. this is all that remains of this lovely bike is a small piece of the steering lock.

It got stolen today by two teens who were not hampered in the slightest by the half ton 'Thatcham compliant' chain and lock nor by the Honda HISS
system which they bypassed in a matter of seconds with a short bit of wire to get away scott free into the sunset with my spanking brand new bike..

So..it anyone needs the part below as salvage or spares please pm me.. :crying:

I would like to add that it’s time the manufacturers made the steering locks from billet alloy or steel, rather than cast alloy, as it’s a well known fact that it’s possible to break a steering lock fairly easily. I think I’m going to look at those flame throwers the South Africans fit to their cars, that should stop the scroats from wheeling off my pride and joy :grin2:

·
Registered
465 Posts
So sorry to hear this, you must be gutted. How do you know they by past the HiSS with a wire?. It’s a sad fact that in the UK the police don’t want to know, the courts do everything they can to not send criminals to prison and the do gooders have completely f¥€ked society in the fact their more interested in the low life scums well-being, so the police can’t chase them in case they get hurt or die when they fall off the nicked bike.

The mayor of f¥€king London thinks it’s our and the manufacturers fault, as we aren’t doing enough to prevent theft. It’s a motorcycle, even if you chain it, disc lock both ends, alarm it, these scroats have disc cutters, a van and work in large teams, so can just lift the bike. If you try to stop them, they’ll attack you with knives, hammers or a disc cutter. And if you do manage to stop them and cause injury to them, the police will prosecute you for GBH. Watch the YouTube vids and you can see what’s going on, they’ll do it anywhere, even in a busy high street with lots of people about, anyone who challenges them gets attacked. The police need to be allowed to do their job unhinged, if these [email protected] get injured, then tough, the law should just say, if you break the law, you pay the consequences.

This issue in London is completely out of control, we, as motorcyclist need to make our voice heard, as if we don’t, we won’t be riding bikes sometime soon, as it will be nigh on impossible to get insurance. I apologise for my language and tone, but this really does boil my piss, especially as basically we can’t do sweet fa, to stop it.

Hope your insurance pays out soon and you get another one.
The main issue is the judicial system in the uk, run by liberal people, that don’t want to deal with crime, don’t want to send people to prison and tie the Police hands behind their backs, not allowing them to pursue the criminal, for fear of prosecution themself, if the little darlings were to be injured or cause an accident. So basically these criminal gangs can freely carry out their activity, with little fear of either being caught or prosecuted. :mad:
This has been going on for years, no? If everything is up to the Mayor why doesn't someone run against him?

Sounds like the people need to come together and kick this guy out of office.

^^^pretty sure it's easier said then done.

Telling you the gov't is way too strong. And we the people have allowed this to happen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts