Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a RMS seat for the 2016 AT in January. Was considering a Russell Daylong, which I have and love on my 2007 Yamaha FZ1, but checking the RMS site in mid December he had an offer of $150 off the normal $599 for vinyl seats as long as they were ordered by 12/24/18. I got a Honda low seat ordered to use the seat pan so I could keep the stock one as an option. Called RMS and talked to the owner Rocky and discussed color and vinyl options. I went with his recommendations and sent him the low seat along with some pictures of me on the bike and my measurements. I got it back about 2 weeks later. My bike's in storage but I had access to another AT so I mounted it and took some pix. It feels comfortable but I won't know until late March or April around here (Minnesota).
Anybody else have one of these? Let me know your opinions. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
I got a RMS seat for the 2016 AT in January. Was considering a Russell Daylong, which I have and love on my 2007 Yamaha FZ1, but checking the RMS site in mid December he had an offer of $150 off the normal $599 for vinyl seats as long as they were ordered by 12/24/18. I got a Honda low seat ordered to use the seat pan so I could keep the stock one as an option. Called RMS and talked to the owner Rocky and discussed color and vinyl options. I went with his recommendations and sent him the low seat along with some pictures of me on the bike and my measurements. I got it back about 2 weeks later. My bike's in storage but I had access to another AT so I mounted it and took some pix. It feels comfortable but I won't know until late March or April around here (Minnesota).
At least you’ll be speaking the truth when you say “I spent hours in the saddle”!!!
Looks super comfy though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please give your opinion of this seat now. It has a good look.

·
Registered
2017 AT non DCT/Red
27 Posts
I had Rick Mayer (brothers I think) do a couple of seats for me years ago on a Buell and FJR1300. Fantastic job and although the FJR is gone we still have the Buell and the seat has held up well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
how close is it to the stock height on your AT ? How wide is it at the widest point? have you ridden it enough to assess comfort ? Does it impede handling in rough terrain? That was a lot of questions. Thanks for any insight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts