Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!

Is the Africa Twin your favorite bike ever?

• Best bike I've owned, hands down.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • In my Top 3 bikes for sure.

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Not quite in the top 3 but close.

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Its ok, just ok.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, actually considering getting rid of it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is the Africa Twin in your top 3 bikes?

Hey guys, I've owned quite a few bikes over the years and decided to go over my top 3 bikes and the reasons why:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGN6-JALF30

Comment on Youtube what are your favorite bikes, what bikes do you regret selling or wish you owned!

And if you appreciate, like and subscribe :D

Cheers!

·
Registered
219 Posts
At this point in my life, early 50s, retired, time to ride where I like and at a steady pace...it is perfect. If I go back 30 years to early 20s when i had a CBR1000f (Hurricane over in the States I think)....that was the perfect bike...at that time. So much so that rose tinted specs had me buying another 3 years ago. I've ridden it twice. It sits forlornly in the corner of the garage and really awaits a new owner. It just isn't me any more.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Early 50s retired...living the dream! :) I'm in my early 40s and there's bikes I've owned that had I owned in my early 20s I probably wouldn't be here to talk about hehe Thankfully as we age, we mature a bit. That Hurricane 1000 must have been something in the days at 135HP for 600lbs....crazy when you think the latest Panigale V4 has 214HP and weighs about 50lbs less than the Africa Twin...

I remember selling the MT-01 because of its weight (570lbs and that it carried it high) but as a 2nd bike, I think I'd still appreciate it as much (at least at this time) :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
My response is skewed since this is my second road bike and is better than my previous CB500X. It also cost more than 3 times as much and has more than double the HP and torque. Kind of a no brainer that it is the best road bike I've ever owned.

I did test ride and almost bought a BMW GSA R1250 but I like Honda and the initial price and cost of ownership is significantly higher. 260 KMs on my new 2020 AT AS DCT and completely in love with it.

·
Registered
2018 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
202 Posts
At this point in my life, early 50s, retired, time to ride where I like and at a steady pace...it is perfect. If I go back 30 years to early 20s when i had a CBR1000f (Hurricane over in the States I think)....that was the perfect bike...at that time. So much so that rose tinted specs had me buying another 3 years ago. I've ridden it twice. It sits forlornly in the corner of the garage and really awaits a new owner. It just isn't me any more.
You described me exactly and why im planning on selling my Multistrada and getting an AT. Riding crazy fast is not what i want to do any more and unfortunately the Multi is not the right bike for me any more, the AT is for sure based on the miles i put on one last week in the desert in Nevada.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My Top 3 motorcycles are

• BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kawasaki ZZR1400 Performance Sport
  • Honda VFR1200F

Then....

• Honda Africa Twin DCT Rally-Raid
  • Triumph Daytona 675R

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Top 3 motorcycles are

• BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kawasaki ZZR1400 Performance Sport
  • Honda VFR1200F
Then....

• Honda Africa Twin DCT Rally-Raid
  • Triumph Daytona 675R
I always wanted to try a VFR1200, they weren't a commercial success, but interesting concept and lovely engine and in black it still looks great today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts