Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
@Hood Amazing, congrats buddy! Looks like we have ordered the exact same bike (Matte black ATAS, ES DCT) Mine is ready next week.

Few questions given you had a 2021 bike:
  • How is the screen?
  • You specced the deflectors it seems (as have I) - rate them?
  • What SC project is that? I'm eyeing SC Rally Raid and Akrapovic Racing Line

Congrats again! ;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not the best pics as it is in the garage but got the SC Project on, pillion and front foot pegs, bash plate, top tank pad, light protector (top part only so far, need to punch more circles for the lowers) rear rack plate and lastly the crash bars.
Still have to put the phone holder, hand guards, Denalis and the ezCAN but they can wait, exhaust, pegs and bars were the priority, now I just need to get some time to get out on it :D
View attachment 71226
View attachment 71225
Looks epic @Hood
Those are the AS3 crash bars and bash plate? Nice bit of inspo for my bike 💪🏻💪🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

·
Registered
44 Posts
It is slightly louder but much better sound especially when auto blipping on down shifts.

I am hoping the side tank pads come in soon as I think they will take away from the massive look to the side of the tank. I had the oem Honda ones on the AT and they looked good. Also had the RubbaTech top pad on the AT but the ones for the ATAS is different but still looks good and protects the top of the tank from zips or whatever.

Pic of the side and top pad on the AT.

View attachment 71227
I’m afraid I’m going to befriend you @Hood whether you like or not 😂 You have impeccable taste

·
Registered
44 Posts
Removed side panels, fairing and tank to route the cables for the lights and to fit the ezCAN, also got the handguards and phone holder/charger fitted and finally the cornering light covers. Not sure I like the positioning of the dots on the light covers but it will do for now.
Also removed the throttle grip to see what they have done to eliminate the free play and it seems to be different TPS as I put the old grip on from the 2021 AT for a test and there is no play in that either.
The ATAS side panels and fairing are a lot different to remove from the AT's but not any harder really.

A few pics.

View attachment 71278

View attachment 71279

View attachment 71280

View attachment 71281
Looking epic @Hood Good job! Proper classy look. Batman’s Africa Twin!
The wiring job looks slightly more involved than I thought, or have you gone the extra mile in removing the tank were otherwise you wouldn’t need to?
Awaiting news from the dealer on a collection date for mine… must resist ordering parts in the meanwhile…

·
Registered
44 Posts
Too busy fitting/adapting a second hand shelter deck on a fishing boat to do much.
The last day when I was putting on the ezCAN I noticed there were no tools in the toolbox, bit annoyed, thought that maybe they thought I was an American :D Then I spied them under the rear seat and they fitted snugly there so that is where they will stay as it allows me to do this.

View attachment 71328

View attachment 71329

View attachment 71330
Well now you're just showing off :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts