Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I actually didn't spec the ES but on my way home last night I noticed it did have it. Called the dealer today and he said he had ordered the wrong one but said if I would pay 1/3 of the difference he would be happy. Good deal for me but not so good for the dealer but....

I said to the dealer that if he threw in upper deflectors and tank pads I would agree to the deal he initially offered, tank pads are not in yet but looks like he also put on the lower deflectors. Not really done enough miles to know if they are effective in fact I suppose I will never really know as I haven't been on it without.

I put the screen on high to come home yesterday and it is way better than the standard 2021 bikes screen and I would say it is actually better than the tall oem I had on the standard 2021 but again not done enough miles to know for sure.

It is the SC Project Adventure I have.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Not the best pics as it is in the garage but got the SC Project on, pillion and front foot pegs, bash plate, top tank pad, light protector (top part only so far, need to punch more circles for the lowers) rear rack plate and lastly the crash bars.
Still have to put the phone holder, hand guards, Denalis and the ezCAN but they can wait, exhaust, pegs and bars were the priority, now I just need to get some time to get out on it :D
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not the best pics as it is in the garage but got the SC Project on, pillion and front foot pegs, bash plate, top tank pad, light protector (top part only so far, need to punch more circles for the lowers) rear rack plate and lastly the crash bars.
Still have to put the phone holder, hand guards, Denalis and the ezCAN but they can wait, exhaust, pegs and bars were the priority, now I just need to get some time to get out on it :D
View attachment 71226
View attachment 71225
Looks epic @Hood
Those are the AS3 crash bars and bash plate? Nice bit of inspo for my bike 💪🏻💪🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yes, AS3 bars and bash plate, the bash plate was from the last bike but had to get new bars as the ATAS ones are different than the AT's ones.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Looks mint with the matte black. The SC project silencer on its own good enough of a sound enhancement?
It is slightly louder but much better sound especially when auto blipping on down shifts.

I am hoping the side tank pads come in soon as I think they will take away from the massive look to the side of the tank. I had the oem Honda ones on the AT and they looked good. Also had the RubbaTech top pad on the AT but the ones for the ATAS is different but still looks good and protects the top of the tank from zips or whatever.

Pic of the side and top pad on the AT.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Africa Twin Adventure Sports
500 Posts
That black on black on black looks great!!! Thanks for the pics!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
It is slightly louder but much better sound especially when auto blipping on down shifts.

I am hoping the side tank pads come in soon as I think they will take away from the massive look to the side of the tank. I had the oem Honda ones on the AT and they looked good. Also had the RubbaTech top pad on the AT but the ones for the ATAS is different but still looks good and protects the top of the tank from zips or whatever.

Pic of the side and top pad on the AT.

View attachment 71227
I’m afraid I’m going to befriend you @Hood whether you like or not 😂 You have impeccable taste

·
Registered
389 Posts
I need to try and humour the skipper of the boat I am supposed to be working on today before I get much use out of the bike.
I need to try and humour the skipper of the boat I am supposed to be working on today before I get much use out of the bike.
“Skipper of The Boat”. Is that code for wife? 😆

·
Registered
371 Posts
Congrats Hood. Really diggin those Black Tubeless.
And look forward to hearing your thoughts on the ES system.
Great bike mate

Reactions: Hood

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Looks like a decent insurance policy I now have, maybe it was worth all the hassle :D

One of the good things is they understand bikers will always alter their bikes and the list below is what they class as standard.

View attachment 71234
I’ve been with Bennetts on and off for years, their customer service is good and things like what you mention really do make a difference. 👍🏻

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I wasn't that cheap but then again I don't have any no claims seeing as I have not had a bike for 25 years. Insurance on the 2021 at was £325 and the insurance through Bennetts for the 2022 ATAS is £425 but I did spec higher mileage, pillion cover and a few other things that I didn't have on the previous insurance so all in all not bad especially as it seems much better cover and hopefully better help if needed.

Got home a short while ago and took the front mudguard off the bike and brought it into the house and fitted the Extenda Fenda. I prefer to drill and clip it rather than use the sticky pads, it sits nicer and is at least as secure if not more so, only downside is I had to leave it on the last AT as holes wouldn't be a good look but they are not too expensive so...
I wasn't wanting to do too many miles without it fitted as I have seen a lot of AT's with bad stone chips on the front of the frame so I am happy now it is fitted.
Anyway pic of it fitted.

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Fuel tank Automotive tire

21 - 40 of 78 Posts