Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
ATAS 2020 DCT ES
99 Posts
Nice bike Hood! Congrats and hope you have a lot of safe miles and big smiles on it. Still hoping the DCT upgrade will be available soon for 20/21 model. Contacted the dealer but not yet available in Belgium, I will keep nagging to my dealer until he is sick and tired of me and gets me the update ;)

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
836 Posts
If I am honest I much preferred the colour scheme of my 2021 matt black with the red sub frame and red accents on the fairing but once I get the bits and pieces on this I think it will look better still prefer it to the red/white/blue though..
Yup...Red is good!

Ol' Red agrees!

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Headed 20 miles up the coast to measure for a job and just got back, somehow I must have taken a wrong turn as I have done 120 miles :D

Loving the ATAS, the changes they have made to the DCT just make things much nicer. They have definitely tightened up the free play in the throttle, it still has a small amount but very little in comparison to the 2021 AT I had but they have also made big changes to the way it works at take off and low speed, it seems to me as if they are slipping the clutch slightly at take off as there is not the sudden jolt I got on the 2021 AT if I never used the back brake to modulate. With the 2022 I don't need to use the back brake any where near as much and most times it is not needed at all.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Removed side panels, fairing and tank to route the cables for the lights and to fit the ezCAN, also got the handguards and phone holder/charger fitted and finally the cornering light covers. Not sure I like the positioning of the dots on the light covers but it will do for now.
Also removed the throttle grip to see what they have done to eliminate the free play and it seems to be different TPS as I put the old grip on from the 2021 AT for a test and there is no play in that either.
The ATAS side panels and fairing are a lot different to remove from the AT's but not any harder really.

A few pics.

Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive fuel system Tire

Fuel tank Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Vehicle Automotive lighting Wheel Automotive tire Tire

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
This one will be with me for a while, I know I said that about the previous one but the tubeless wheels and the improvement to the slow speed manoeuvring has made this a perfect bike for me so it will be staying for a long time, also I am now skint so... :D

·
Super Moderator
8,627 Posts
This one will be with me for a while, I know I said that about the previous one but the tubeless wheels and the improvement to the slow speed manoeuvring has made this a perfect bike for me so it will be staying for a long time, also I am now skint so... :D
Awesome. At least you didn't say, " ... this will be my forever bike, ... plan to retire with it, ... yadda, yadda, ... ". (y)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm told that black bikes are top sellers but nobody can tell me the reason?? I've got one but I just don't know why?
007? 🧐😬
Black is, or was, the top vehicle color of choice for males >35 years of age. My first AT was a black and gold 2001. I like the RWB of the original much better than the black, but if I couldn't have RWB I'd be on a black 2018/2019 for sure.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Removed side panels, fairing and tank to route the cables for the lights and to fit the ezCAN, also got the handguards and phone holder/charger fitted and finally the cornering light covers. Not sure I like the positioning of the dots on the light covers but it will do for now.
Also removed the throttle grip to see what they have done to eliminate the free play and it seems to be different TPS as I put the old grip on from the 2021 AT for a test and there is no play in that either.
The ATAS side panels and fairing are a lot different to remove from the AT's but not any harder really.

A few pics.

View attachment 71278

View attachment 71279

View attachment 71280

View attachment 71281
Looking epic @Hood Good job! Proper classy look. Batman’s Africa Twin!
The wiring job looks slightly more involved than I thought, or have you gone the extra mile in removing the tank were otherwise you wouldn’t need to?
Awaiting news from the dealer on a collection date for mine… must resist ordering parts in the meanwhile…

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The wiring job looks slightly more involved than I thought, or have you gone the extra mile in removing the tank were otherwise you wouldn’t need to?
Awaiting news from the dealer on a collection date for mine… must resist ordering parts in the meanwhile…
Lots of people just lift the back of the tank to access the IMU connector to plug the ezCAN into and then just thread the wires to the front lights under the tank. I prefer to have them secured all the way, either by utilising the original cable clips or with additional cable ties if needed.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
On course for the miles for the first service, I have just done another 100 miles today and I have 2 weekends before the service so should be fine :)

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Are you planning to fit aux lights to yours? If so are you just going to wire to the oem plugs or fit an ezCAN?

41 - 60 of 78 Posts