Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sorry Hood it wasn't a loaded question. In the manuals or anywhere else I am yet to see a clear picture of where the rear seat fixing goes when you set the bike seat at 'LOW'. Looking at the front of the seat in relation to the tank profile I now realise that mine is set on 'High' whilst I thought is was on 'LOW'. It seems to me that the rear hook on the seat will be touching the top of the rear fender if I attempt the low setting? I looked at every post on the site but am still none the wiser. I'd like to set mine on low just to try the riding position for traffic but got sick of fiddling with the seat so just left it as it was originally. Now I've seen the low setting I'll have another go at it so thanks for the clarification and enjoy your new machine. 👨‍🎓 Every day a school day...

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
It may not be the same on yours as I seem to recall you have a CRF1000 and I know they have different seats.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Thanks very much Hood. It is indeed (2019 CRF100l DCT) different to yours so may look different on the tank profile when in LOW. I've got the 2019 Owner's manual but the difference between the lower and upper rear slot is not particularly clear - as in your posting. This, I believe, is why so many people with this model of my bike have difficulty adjusting the seat - and then once adjusted it may feel 'loose'. Three dealers, and their techs, so far have not convinced me that they know the difference between low and high. Anyway you don't need this and sorry for taking this thread off the enjoyable track of you with your new bike.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Thanks very much Hood. It is indeed (2019 CRF100l DCT) different to yours so may look different on the tank profile when in LOW. I've got the 2019 Owner's manual but the difference between the lower and upper rear slot is not particularly clear - as in your posting. This, I believe, is why so many people with this model of my bike have difficulty adjusting the seat - and then once adjusted it may feel 'loose'. Three dealers, and their techs, so far have not convinced me that they know the difference between low and high. Anyway you don't need this and sorry for taking this thread off the enjoyable track of you with your new bike.
Not a problem, I am a great believer in everything is ON TOPIC :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hello Hood. Good luck with the new machine. Sorry but I'm not a big fan of that color. I think it was too dark with the black rims and matte paint. Maybe it's the ideal motorcycle for Batman. I'm still a fan and in love of my 2021 shiny black with gold wheels. To buy a 2022 I think I'd go for the tricolor... Anyway, what matters is that you like it... Good curves

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
It would be a dull world if we all liked the same things, I am the opposite, don't like shiny and don't like gold but I do love the AT so if it was the only choice I would probably still get one :D

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
Just looked and my AT is now for sale at Ecosse, not too bad a price either, I was expecting them to try and sell it for quite a lot more than they gave me for a trade in but I was pleasantly surprised.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts