Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since the manufacturer website photo is not up to date, here is how the 2022 ATAS DCT "OE screen" fits into National cycle comparo photo, as measured on my '22 ATAS DCT
  • N20069 is 23"
  • N20068 is 20 1/4"
  • N20067 is listed at 17 1/4" (so almost the same height as the '22 OE)
Slope Parallel Font Triangle Diagram

also there are 5 different height adjustments on '22 ATAS DCT:
Plant Grass Gps navigation device Motor vehicle Recreation

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dado - thank you for the information! I have a 22 AT AS ES DCT and looking for a taller windshield as 6'5". Are you happy with the tall one vs stock?
no problem...I only have the '22 OE, but would like to upgrade to a "wider N20068" but first need to hear some feedbacks. I had a Vstream on my FJR it was a great and quiet screen.

It seems that the N20068 in the lowest position, will be 1" higher then the OE (17 3/8") in the highest position, since the N20068 comes 25% tinted I have to make sure I am not looking through the screen at it's lowest position.

·
Registered
2022 ATAS
33 Posts
I just purchased the N20068 from a user on here and put it on my '22 ATAS a few days ago. I'm 5'11.5" with a 32" inseam.

The windshield in the low position blocks 90% of the wind and, when traveling on flat terrain, I can look over it fine, but when going uphill I'm looking through it slightly. When in the highest position, I'm fully looking through it and the only wind I feel is on my arms, with just a hint of a breeze hitting my chest and barely making it into my helmet.

I'm now looking for a short one to use for days with nice weather where I'd prefer more wind, but the N20068 is very nice for particularly cool mornings or particularly hot days, or for longer distance touring.

Btw, has anyone found the part numbers for the mounting bolts? I want an extra set to make swapping windscreens quicker.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I just purchased the N20068 from a user on here and put it on my '22 ATAS a few days ago. I'm 5'11.5" with a 32" inseam.

The windshield in the low position blocks 90% of the wind and, when traveling on flat terrain, I can look over it fine, but when going uphill I'm looking through it slightly. When in the highest position, I'm fully looking through it and the only wind I feel is on my arms, with just a hint of a breeze hitting my chest and barely making it into my helmet.

I'm now looking for a short one to use for days with nice weather where I'd prefer more wind, but the N20068 is very nice for particularly cool mornings or particularly hot days, or for longer distance touring.

Btw, has anyone found the part numbers for the mounting bolts? I want an extra set to make swapping windscreens quicker.
Thx for the review, I'll order one to cut down the cold air that is slowly coming our way 🙂

So there was no issues with fitment???, our resellers website is listing '19 to '20 fitment, but they say it's not verified to fit on '22 ATAS DCT...I doubt Honda changed the bolt pattern from '20 to '22?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Thx for the review, I'll order one to cut down the cold air that is slowly coming our way 🙂

So there was no issues with fitment???, our resellers website is listing '19 to '20 fitment, but they say it's not verified to fit on '22 ATAS DCT...I doubt Honda changed the bolt pattern from '20 to '22?
I have the 69. and a 2021 ATAS ES DCT. Live in Northern Il. Every bit of coverage counts when it gets cold. Love it. I keep it down in town and up on the HWY. I'm 6'2"

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a great picture. So is it fair to say that the 68 would be about an inch higher at every position compared to OEM on the 22?
if we look at the picture with TFT;
  1. OE in the lowest position will measure 5" from the top of TFT shield
  2. let say we remove the OE (17 3/8") and install 20068 at the lowest position
  3. 20068 (20 1/4") will measure ~ 8" from the top of TFT shield
  4. so with both screens in the lowest position 20068 is ~ 3inches taller
  • OE in the highest position will measure 7"
  • 20068 in the lowest position will measure 8"

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,422 Posts
Shame I can't find the 20067 here as importing will cost a fair bit. The standard height screen works well for me in the lowest position 99% of the time so wouldn't want a higher screen but I kind of fancy trying a wider one.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Shame I can't find the 20067 here as importing will cost a fair bit. The standard height screen works well for me in the lowest position 99% of the time so wouldn't want a higher screen but I kind of fancy trying a wider one.
True, I liked my Vstream on my FJR, it does good air dispersion, will try the 20068 and if it's too high will trim a bit off, they have some good jigsaw blades to cut polycarbonate or acrylic nowadays and I've done it before successfully.
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

@tj_gee do you have any interference with the N20068 at full lock? And if you don't have DCT your handguards might be "smaller"...DCT parking brake requires handguards to be waaay out/forward.

Is there a difference in handguards between Standard and DCT ATAS?
Hood Green Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Vehicle Automotive lighting White Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wish it wouldn’t have those low side wings and simply followed the OEM at the bottom with that wider profile at the top. I don’t like the look of that lower part and it would interfere with my touratech light protector brackets. So my hunt for a wider screen continues.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish it wouldn’t have those low side wings and simply followed the OEM at the bottom with that wider profile at the top. I don’t like the look of that lower part and it would interfere with my touratech light protector brackets. So my hunt for a wider screen continues.
@tj_gee will verify if it is an issue, found one other picture where it seems it should be OK, how often you need a full lock anyway
Helmet Sports equipment Sports gear Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bag

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had one on my ‘22 ATAS DTC. It fit fine. The hand guards might have been close, but it was ok at full lock in both directions. Ended up with a different setup, so I cant get pics. It was better then stock, but not good enough for my liking. You may like it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had one on my ‘22 ATAS DTC. It fit fine. The hand guards might have been close, but it was ok at full lock in both directions. Ended up with a different setup, so I cant get pics. It was better then stock, but not good enough for my liking. You may like it.
Thx ,what setup did you pick instead of N20068?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts