Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There's been lots of chatter about potentially breaking the welds on the support frame for the windscreen with extra hardware like GPS units when riding in rough terrain.

I honestly haven't had an issue with forestry roads and rough side roads but having seen a few pictures of broken welds I thought this was a good solution.

A Swedish company - NCCR makes a support bracket that attaches below the gauge cluster and firms things up. Looks like a simple but effective design, so I thought I'd give it a try. Can't hurt right? :nerd:

http://ebutik.nccr.se/nccr-hard-parts/africa-twin-forstarkning-kapglas-hallare

Similar to offerings by a private individual through the Facebook group and the one by Camel Adv parts.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well, they finished production and sent mine out in February. Just got in the mail this week. The product is very well constructed - superb powdercoating and very tidy welds as you can see in the photo. Nice touch - they even put in a small packet of Swedish candies. Yummy!

I was a bit concerned about mounting mine with the existing Batzen Screen Riser - fit perfectly.

A couple things for you when you put it on - you'll need Torx bits for the hardware and it's in confined spaces, so you'll need a small ratchet/spanner to be able to get between the triple and the dash.

The bottom bolts I had to use similar length cap-head allen bolts because I couldn't get my ratchet, screwdriver with adapter, or hands in using the Torx hardware provided.

It's rock-solid once it's on. No chance of vibration breaking welds now and really solidifies the screen hardware. An excellent addition to the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
job done, installed the support bracked already. it was tricky but, easier than expected.
fitting was perfect and it looks very stable. now I'm looking forward to a first test ride to see if the mounted gps isn't
longer shaking.

good product - could recommend it without restrictions!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I actually like this design over Camel-Adv's but I don't know if I can muster forking out $132.70.

Who is the private person selling his version on FB?

·
Registered
465 Posts
I’m not on faceache, but wonder is that Vlad’s version you’re talking about. If so, it’s far more oe and integrated than those above efforts and at under €60, a bargain too.
:surprise:

That thing looks way better than the other two. Now I just gotta find the guy so I can place an order.

·
Registered
800 Posts
SitRep. What a difference to the GPS unit that the screen brace makes.....no more vibration and bouncing up and down blurring the screen. Absolutely brilliant !!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went for my first spring ride with the bracket on my bike. Makes a big difference towards keeping the front support bracket/windscreen stable and holding the GPS still. Great piece of kit.

Reactions: BlackRockFox
1 - 11 of 11 Posts