Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm having problems with trying to get insurance for the ATAS DCT has anybody else had this problem if not who did you get insurance with
Thanks Ron

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi Ron, had major problems getting insurance back in March, eventually got insurance through Bennetts. Contact them, but also contact Honda UK, as they need to know your problem, I recal another chap recently having the same problem as you, he said Honda UK were looking into it! The more people that contact them, the more pressure is put on them to get it sorted. Good luck.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That was me that was having the problems Honda say they are dealing with it will find out tomorrow when I call them out on it . I will call Bennett's and see what happens

·
Registered
171 Posts
I bet it’s the same problem from back in March, the insurance database doesn’t recognise the DCT version of the ATAS, as their database doesn’t list it as we know it, so punters can’t select the correct model from their list. Honda UK need to ensure that those who need to know, know the designated model code that they have provided the DVLA, who then pass this info onto the insurance companies.

Back in March, Honda UK didn’t give a toss about those who were having issues insuring their new bikes, they simply blamed DVLA and the insurance industry. The fact is, if the insurance brokers don’t recognise the model you are trying to insure, they simply refuse to insure it. Some of us back in March, eventually either got insurance by paying crazy £££ premiums, or as with my case, Bennetts eventually worked around it (short term measure), but we still paid more than we should have!

You’d think that manufacturers would get all relevant information sent out and confirmed, before releasing a vehicle, but apparently it is quite common. The customer ends up with all the agro, the dealers probably get it in the neck and the customer service departments fob you off and you get nowhere! :mad::mad::mad:

I know this probably isn’t helping you Ron, but I’m just imagining what’s going to happen when my renewal comes, i as well as many others, will probably have the same issue you are currently having. Six months down the road, and insurance is still a problem. :frown2:

·
Registered
CRF1100L DCT
295 Posts
Having the same problems with the new Honda Monkey (Z125MAK)

Cancelled my order and will wait till next year.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What do you think of this guys Honda UK have now blocked me on Facebook for calling them out on the ATAS DCT not being on the databas clearly don't like bad press or customers bringing up problems

·
Registered
64 Posts
Is the black/gold color scheme being sold in Britain?

Thanks
MeCasa

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
What do you think of this guys Honda UK have now blocked me on Facebook for calling them out on the ATAS DCT not being on the databas clearly don't like bad press or customers bringing up problems
Hate to say it, but that’s Honda. The uk HQ is in Bracknell, take a trip down to it and suggest to them you ain’t leaving until they take you seriously.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Guys,

I need a Euopian to help see if their Honda dealership will ship me gold decals for the black/gold

Or just give me an email to a UK dealer. The Honda website makes it difficult to contact a UK dealer from US

MeCasa

·
Registered
178 Posts
Show this (a small example of bike insurers) to Honda and ask them why just about every motorcycle insurer on a compare site (bar 2 out of 32) was unable to quote. What is it about the ATAS dct that stops them quoting? Oh yeah, I know, most of them don’t have it on their system :(
So for the few quotes you can get, will be over inflated in price, because there’s bugger all to compete against.

Same quote details but on a AT 2017, 31 out of 32 quoted a price !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finally got it insured through my insure Adrian flux probably more than double what it should be believe me when I say Honda are not going to get rid of me so easy just by blocking me

·
Registered
335 Posts
Waking this thread up again to ask what you UK guys are paying for your insurance and what cover?

I live in London (ok tbf probably the worst place for bike insurance), late 20's, 9 years no claim bonus, one no fault accident that settled direct with tp insurer (c*** doing a U-turn on f***ing tower bridge!!! unbelievable) and getting a 18 plate but 2017 model AT manual. I use it for commuting too.
Only insurer that will quote so far is MCE, who happens to be my current insurer for the Varadero. Paying £250 right now for tp fire&theft.
MCE have quoted me £750 for tp fire&theft and £1500 for fully comp on the AT.

Still seems a lot more than what I've read others pay. Is it just because I'm in London and maybe still in the "dangerous" age bracket plus commuting use?

Thanks, VT

1 - 20 of 31 Posts