Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who've installed the Denali Soundbomb, could you tell me if the wiring below is correct using the PC8?

I attached the Denali positive cable to the battery post and the ground to the ground post. Is this how it's done using the PC8, or is there another way (i.e. using the power side and ground side terminals)?

Also, am I supposed to use the little things in the small plastic bag?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've seen a lot of posts about wiring up the Soundbomb, and I'm confused. I just unplugged the OEM horn and plugged in the Soundbomb using the same wires. Haven't had an issue with it, and it is acceptably loud. Did I do it wrong?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I kept the old and just added the Mini

I mounted the mini on the right side in front of the radiator with a little "bracket" I made from a metal strip. I then ran a wire from the hot wire for the stock horn to the Mini and added a short ground wire to a radiator mount. Works good and is extra loud with both horns.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The way you did it is okay, assuming the ring terminals on the PC8's posts don't interfere with the ring terminals on the PC8's own positive and negative battery cables. You should face the flush sides of the rings towards each other so there is no gap when the nut is tightened.

Another approach would to cut off the inline fuse and use one of the switched circuits on the PC8 with a 30A blade fuse.

You don't need the Positaps or blade terminals in the plastic bag.

·
Registered
295 Posts
It looks like you have basically bypassed the PC8. You can put the ground to anywhere on the bike that has a nice bolt to take advantage of without running the cable all the way back to the PC-8. Now you have the cables there already just strip off the ends and use the earth and power feeds on the PC-8. I think 30amps is too high and from memory I think I worked my way up to 20amps that has not blown.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should face the flush sides of the rings towards each other so there is no gap when the nut is tightened.
Great idea. I'll make the change tomorrow - just got done installing Rapidbike Evo Tuner (took me 8hrs) and I'm beat!

Another approach would to cut off the inline fuse and use one of the switched circuits on the PC8 with a 30A blade fuse.
Oooohhh, did not know you could do that. Should I cut off the ground ring as well and ground it to the PC8 terminal as well?

It looks like you have basically bypassed the PC8. You can put the ground to anywhere on the bike that has a nice bolt to take advantage of without running the cable all the way back to the PC-8.
Really? I didn't know you could do that. I really need to read up on how the electric wiring works because this whole ground to frame/negative is ground too etc etc is so confusing to me.

Now you have the cables there already just strip off the ends and use the earth and power feeds on the PC-8. I think 30amps is too high and from memory I think I worked my way up to 20amps that has not blown.
So basically, you're suggesting to cut off the rings and use the PC8 terminals, correct? The 30amps fuse is what came with the Denali harness.

·
Registered
295 Posts
That’s what the pc8 is for. I experimented to have the lowest fuse possible and settled on a 20amp that has not blown yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts