Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just used the old rims I had replaced under warranty fitted with TKC80s , still lots of winter here in the UK and some off road fun is beconing in Mid Wales.
Due to lots of hassle I swapped the brake disks, abs and sprocket over , took a couple go’s but got it done, looks good !
Took bike out today first time and both the ABS and Traction control lights are on all the time, after a coupl minututes the PGFI light (shaped like a car engine) came on !
Tried switching off everything and on again ( worth a go ) to no avail, so went home and ran lots of errands in the car ?.

The spacers in the back wheel look like they are in correctly, top hat on sprocket side, what else could I be missing or is it a visit to th dealer ?
Don’t like riding with the PGFI light on or am I being a scardey cat ?

Thanks ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
My guess would be something in the ABS system. Is the ABS "sensor disc" on the correct side on the front wheel (left side)?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mystery solved at dealership. They scratched their heads for a while untill....... they spotted a washer behind the abs sensor on the rear wheel.
When new wheels were fitted last year it seems the replacements were v slightly different and the rear abs sensor was touching the ring. A washer solved the problem, until I put the old wheels back on with TKC80’s. The sensor was just too far away to get a reading....

Dealer slightly embarrassed but sorted me out the same day.... left them some beer. The salesman said that sales were desperately slow... if I had about £18k burning a hole somewhere I would have cheered him up by buying the Matt grey brand new fire blade they have ....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts