Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Looking to buy some Continental Trail Attack 2s for my AT. On the Fortnine website there are a bunch of 90/90-21 sized front tires but they all have different speed ratings -

90/90-21 54H
90/90-21 54S TT
90/90-21 54V
90/90V21 54V

Only rear tire in the AT standard size I see is 150/70-R18 70W so I assume thats my beast for the rear.

Can someone chime in on the fronts? Out of the four, is there a "correct" one to get?

I'm running tubes.

Thanks for the help!

Paul

·
Registered
230 Posts
V21 is a ktm OE replacement.

H is 210km/h tubeless

V is 240km/h tubeless

You want the 54S TT. That is the tube type and rated at 180km/h. You will not want to run faster than 180km/h for hours at a time while fully loaded with luggage and a passenger :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have tubeless rims. Standard spec is 54H
Thanks PTwin. Curious to hear from anyone else running continentals TA2 on stock rims if they went for the TT version or the Continental recommended TL front.

My OCD doesn't do well with multiple answers to what I was hoping was a easy answer. I've spoken with a mechanic who recommends not running TL tires on TT style rims, a bike shop that says it was fine and ton of posts where no definitive answer could be concluded....

Looks like I'm just gonna have to go with the flow... I'm gonna go with the TT tire on the front and I'm stuck with TL for rear as recommended by a previous poster on this thread

·
Registered
230 Posts
Not really an exact science. As an example the Shinko 805 rear is pretty popular, and it's a tubeless tire rated at 160km/h. The 180km/h rated tube type tkc 80 won't be as stiff as the higher speed rated tubeless types making it easier to install/repair, and more compliant resulting in better traction off road with higher air pressures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts