Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Sorry if this is a repeat question but I need the torque settings for the following:
1) Front caliper mounting bolts
2) Front wheel axle nut
3) Front wheel axle pinch bolts
4) Rear wheel axle nut
5) Triple clamp pinch bolts

TIA

·
Registered
77 Posts
theres a link on here to download the workshop manual and you'll get all the torque settings you need

·
Registered
77 Posts
would it be possible for one of the mods to sticky this link in the Tech section instead of it being buried in a post?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just a thought...

It would be nice if the figures were posted in text form instead of links to manuals and pics. Although those are nice to have. (which I have a service manual anyway) But the power of the forum is best when 2 years from now someone can come in and do a search for the answer and find it instead of finding broken links. Just something I've notice from my own experience. Thanks to all those that helped!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just a thought...

It would be nice if the figures were posted in text form instead of links to manuals and pics. Although those are nice to have. (which I have a service manual anyway) But the power of the forum is best when 2 years from now someone can come in and do a search for the answer and find it instead of finding broken links. Just something I've notice from my own experience. Thanks to all those that helped!
Yak, a good point... The picture I posted was actually the information I typed up into a Word document. When I tried to post the information direct the tabs were all out of alignment. I could not find a way of making the information presentable, as can be seen below. I tried to attach the word documents as it allows to drag and drop a file upload when posting, however the file limit is 20 KB which works in the new word format but the file extensions allowed are only in the old format (i.e .doc not .docx) bizarrely Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip allow much larger files. (Hence pic)

When these are changed, or someone is more adept at posting, then I'm sure the values will be put up on the forum.

ITEM TORQUE N·m

Front brake disc bolt 20
Front axle holder pinch bolt 22
Front axle nut 60

Fork bolt 35
Fork damper lock nut 20
Fork socket bolt 34
Fork bottom bridge pinch bolt 25
Fork top bridge pinch bolt 22
Front brake hose clamp mounting bolt 10

Rear brake disc bolt 42
Rear axle nut 100