Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Nelson Rigg Delux adventure duffle, and on the first trip out on the trails, I broke a rivet. I was on a downhill in a decently rocky trail, came over a boulder and as the front tire set down it dug into the soft loose rock below and the front slid out from under me. Very slow crash, no damage to the bike, but as I picked it up I noticed a strap just hanging.... the rivet anchoring my bag broke. Mind you the bag was empty aside from my rain gear and cell phone, and it did not have a heavy impact with a rock or boulder... I know trails are hard on equipment, but I want my "adventure" bag to stand up to adventures. I brought it back and spent the difference on a Wolfman duffle. Definitely feels much stronger!
I am sorry Nelson Rigg, I don't mean to sound like I am bashing you. I did love the fact that it came with those panels to stiffen the walls for when the bag is empty, just wish the buckles were higher quality! The bag is an INCREDIBLE value for a commuter though, completely water proof for 95 bucks!

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry to hear, they did look good though.
I paid near on $500 AUD for Andy Strapz bags with the liners.
Tuff as and built for Australian outback.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
So sorry to hear about your bag. This is something we can for sure fix and make sure this doesn't happen again. Have you contacted our warranty department yet?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So sorry to hear about your bag. This is something we can for sure fix and make sure this doesn't happen again. Have you contacted our warranty department yet?
Hey guys, customer service refunded my bag. Customer service was GREAT! :) unfortunately I have replaced the bag with a wolfman duffle, but I still plan on using your other products like the 15L roll up bags, and possibly the side panniers. Those would not see "on trail" use, and in my opinion your products are phenomenal value for the price!! not bashing the company by any means, The bag, unfortunately, did not meet my specific needs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts