Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Success! Thanks everyone for all the tips and help. All pretty straight forward - the only hassle created by the Acerbis chain guide getting a bit in the way. I really like the simplicity of the Nemo.

Attachments

·
Registered
280 Posts
Its a great simple because of its simplicity!
Enjoy your riding without a care for lubing the chain.

·
Registered
59 Posts
A pro tip - is to make sure you plug the rear dispenser by the sprocket when refiling the Nemo. I have them on 5 bikes and quite often it can drain onto the sprocket as fast as you can fill the reservoir up. I just plug it with a q-tip (ear swab).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I run Nemo2s on all my chain driven bikes, in fact me an my brother loved them so much we bought a ton of them. If any one wants a good deal on them we have them on sale on Etsy and eBay. Cheapest price in USA. If anyone ever has questions or issues feel free to drop me a line. Of the well over a hundred we have sold I’ve had only one return and we are pretty sure it was operator error.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
I run Nemo2s on all my chain driven bikes, in fact me an my brother loved them so much we bought a ton of them. If any one wants a good deal on them we have them on sale on Etsy and eBay. Cheapest price in USA. If anyone ever has questions or issues feel free to drop me a line. Of the well over a hundred we have sold I’ve had only one return and we are pretty sure it was operator error.
Just wondering how it compares to the iconic scottoiler. Effectiveness and ease of use and installation.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The scottoiler is a constant drip, drip, drip. Usually while the engine is running. The nemo is a measured dose of oil which is given when the rider decides.. Normally I would guess, every 200-600 miles, depending on conditions. Cheaper to operate than a scottoiler as you can use normal gear oil. Rather than anything 'special' or more expensive. There is also very little that can go wrong with a nemo as it's extremely simple. And involves no modification or cutting into the bikes innards.

·
Registered
239 Posts
What is the difference between the Nemo 2 and the GIDIAI?

·
Registered
16 Posts
The Nemo gives you so much control, since you choose when to dose your chain. It works off of pressure, so it won’t just squirt oil on your chain when you twist it, rather it slowly drips out the amount you twist over the several minutes so as to evenly spread the oil out on your chain.

In fact you should almost never have drips from a Nemo2 if you don’t twist it too close to parking. (The only time you might have drips is if you park in the sun with a full Nemo2 and it expands as it heats up). Also if you load it per Cobrra’s guidance you will be far less likely to have oil just drip straight out.

We purchased the Chinese knock off and they appear to be a very close copy, but there are production quality differences (aluminum burrs etc), which could be an issue with how the Nemo2 builds pressure, holds the oil and how it eventually distributes the oil.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts