Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so, I know I will get some flak for this ghetto install, BUT I have a trip to Florida in 9 days and wanted something desperately and quickly lol! I had to cut the edge of the throttle grip but hey, I figure a grip cant be that expensive to replace! If anyone is considering this unit, beware, it does not fit! I had to also shave down the plastic on the piece that goes between the throttle cables.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
When they release a good electronic throttle for the AT, I will replace that grip and install that! :)
I'm with you on an electronic cruise control. When I heard rumors about the AT a few years ago I said I would buy it if Honda produced it.

If someone makes a decent electronic cruise control for the AT I will buy it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Haven't read the full thread, but MC Cruise Control in Glen Waverley Victoria Australia make a full electronic servo controlled cruise control. Their products seem very good, but of course quite costly - so I have fitted a Kaoko throttle grip cruise control, very low cost but needs to be adjusted each time for hill of course.

·
Registered
124 Posts
First thing I do to my bikes is put on Vista Cruise. Cheap, easy install, looks OK, works consistently, transferable to other bikes. I do a lot of long riding, put 2800 on the AT in 3 weeks, so it is a must for me!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Ha. The only reason the Vista Cruise works for you is that you are using something other than the factory grips. The factory AT grips are designed to NOT work with friction type throttle locks. Now, I have got to figger out which grips to buy that will work with Vista Cruise without slipping.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ha. The only reason the Vista Cruise works for you is that you are using something other than the factory grips. The factory AT grips are designed to NOT work with friction type throttle locks. Now, I have got to figger out which grips to buy that will work with Vista Cruise without slipping.

Black duct tape. If duct tape won't fix it, it can't be fixed. Yeah, the inside of the grip tapers down a tad. Two small wraps of black duct tape fixed it. Redneckish but duh huh, thar ya go!

I was prepping the AT for a SS1000 ride and really had no time to replace grips. I ride into the winter in below freezing temps till the roads are just too dangerous but before then I will put on proper heated grips and back on goes the vista cruise.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I finally bought the throttle lock that goes between the grip and near the brake attachment. Works pretty good. But it will sure be nice if Honda comes out with an electronic cruise next model!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts