Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Just picked up my AT on Saturday on possibly the coldest day of the year thus far. Still very happy to have gotten the bike that I've been obsessing over for at least a year and a half.
Came here to continue some info gathering on my upgrades and farkles. Spring is so very far away here on the northern plains.

I think I got a photo to drop of it while it was still in the back of the truck. Riding it home in -1* F was not really an option for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
Awesome & welcome to the forum. North Dakota is damm cold. I’m from Huntington Beach ca. It’s cold here 61%. I ride 2016 manual with 62,000 miles & loving the AT ???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Desert rider --well yeah its cold now a tad early for the year. Did my last ride of '18 on the 23rd of Dec.
I moved here from So CA about 15 years ago...Fullerton. Year round riding there. I usually stop riding here when it gets to about 15* or so, although I had to take the new purchase for a quick lap around the parking lot in Sioux Falls, SD where I picked it up.
ATG-ATT is not only for protection...its for keeping warm.

Its only got 1553 miles on it now and is as close to a new bike as I suspect I'll ever get. Even got the blessing from my gal to get this bike before the true 2 up bike is bought (a DCT Goldwing).
Its supposed to warm up here this weekend to the mid 30s...with some sun that hopefully will rid the roads of the remaining ice. I HATE ICE. I'm hopeful I can get a short ride in yet this year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts