Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in my KLR650 for a brand mew 2016 DCT yesterday, very happy so far. Sadly it's about 40 degrees (f) outside so I've only been able to put about 20 miles on it...
The DCT was intuitive within minutes, i only reached for a phantom clutch lever a few times coming to a stop. I've already learned D mode is hypermiling silliness and adopted S mode as default. The DCT is definitely capable of shifting without interrupting power in a way that couldn't be done on a manual. Happy i chose DCT so far.
My mirrors came with their bases un-tightened so they just spun as soon as i tried to adjust them. Mild failure on dealer's part there i presume.
Bike came with literally 0 miles on it, dealer had never even connected the battery, that kind of surprised me.

Any advice to a new owner?
Is the suspension really in need of adjustment out of the box with no load but a rider?
I've got heated grips and the aux power port on order, i hear they're a bit of a pain to install?

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Keith I also have a DCT and love it so far. The 12 v outlet is a pain in the a## but just take your time and be patient and careful with the plastic parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts