Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members. Just purchased and will pick up my manual AT Friday. Can't wait to see what all the hype is about. Also hoping I didn't make a mistake not getting the DCT! Old school I guess. Already ordered the AltRider crash bars and Remus can. Wondering how far the stock tires will get me off the beaten path, any suggestions for the best 70/30 combination welcome. Also have a DRZ 400 but found it too off road for anything more than an hour on my old butt. Any fellow AT riders in the Calgary area?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome! I have same bike in Edmonton area. There is member Superfunkomatic on this site I think he's in Calgary.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome!

Just put on Karoo 3s this weekend and went on 200 miles of dirt/gravel/pavement & am extremely happy with the results. The stock just don't cut it on non-pavement.

I would upgrade your skid/bash plate too while you're installing the crash bars.

Your wallet isn't going to be happy the next few my months in my experience :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies! Yes, haven't even gotten it yet but already the wife is frowni g about the expense. The main reason I agreed to the kitchen renovation!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome! Yep, I'm here in Calgary, too.
There's a ton of info on tires on here and on advrider.com if you're trying to sort things out.
Enjoy your bike!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts