Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit on a brand new 2018 ATAS DCT last night, hopefully I'll pick it up either later today or Monday.

I bought it from Holeshot in Langley as they appeared to be the only dealer with one in BC, I usually like to purchase from the smaller independent dealers, but no regrets, the staff at Holeshot we very good to deal with, very knowledgeable and helpful.

I tried to get a centerstand included in the deal but no go, I did get a little off MSRP and they dropped the admin/paperwork fee, so an OK deal.

I've not ridden an AT yet, but when I was at this years Horizons Unlimited meeting in Nakusp, a guy rides up on the new ATAS and I was very impressed, he allowed me to jump on and try it for size, it fit me perfectly, so I have been researching the bike ever since.

I've been a loyal Suzuki fan for years and still have a few in the garage, a 2012 VStrom 650, a couple of mint 1980 GS1000S's, a mint 1981 GS650E and a few others. I sold my 2013 DR650 a few months ago.

I actually started out with Honda's and my very first new bike was a 1974 ST90 and then in quick succession, CB175, CB350 and lastly a 1975 CB750.

I've also own several BMW's including a 1982 R100 which I rode through Africa for 12 months and a beautiful Blue and White 2002 GS1150, and a couple of older Beemers over the years.

So not a newbie but getting reacquainted with Honda, I'm excited to try this new bike out and we have a few days of awesome weather in the forecast next week.

David

·
Registered
121 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy the good weather, not sure what happened here in Edmonton but we've had snow and barely above freezing for last 2 weeks

·
Registered
976 Posts
Good luck with your new bike. You'll have plenty of fun on forestry roads and side roads just outside of the lower mainland.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome,

Even though we had rain forecast for today it didn't happen, so I picked the bike up and have been playing around with the menus trying figure out what is what, the sales guy at dealership didn't have a clue with the more advanced menus so I rode it home as it was, just getting the feel for riding without a clutch and shifter, which is weird.

I finally read the manual after a few short rides and found how to change to sport mode and WOW that's what I was looking for.

Man I love this bike.

David.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts