Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Africa Twin fans - I just got a 2019 Adventure Sports. 80 miles right now. Its a Clydesdale when not moving but a Thoroughbred when moving. I got to get used to off the weight.

I am looking for Crash bars and handlebar handguards. I am looking at Alt Riders and H & B handlebar guards. Any other Crashbars should I consider. What about handlebar guards.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,006 Posts

·
Administrator
3,328 Posts
I put the Barkbusters on mine. I thought about the MachineheartMoto guards because I like the look. But couldn't justify $280 for them when the Barkbusters are $138 and do the same job.

As for crash bars, I would also look at Outback Motortek, Touratech, Heed, R&G. I am sure there are others I am forgetting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the full set of ALTRider bars for my 2017 AT DCT and I have to say, while they are stout look great and have protected it in 3 falls, there is a NASTY harmonic vibration at about 4500 rpm. Others with the same bars have mentioned this also. Don't know what the ATAS bars look like, but if you get them, install rubber washers between them and all metal. JMO.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you All. Woodzman guy from YouTube has AltRiders and has great things to say about AltRiders. I will go with these and will update if I hear that vibration Root has mentioned.

·
Administrator
3,328 Posts
Thank you All. Woodzman guy from YouTube has AltRiders and has great things to say about AltRiders. I will go with these and will update if I hear that vibration Root has mentioned.
Be watchful of that vibration. My wife had a BMW F800GS that had AltRider Bars. She noticed the vibration on the right hand side during a road trip that seemed to get progressively worse. Day 3 the bar snapped clean at a weld.

https://seandonnelly.smugmug.com/AltRider/i-N6RdCZS

Similar sort of issue. I can't recall if this one was from a Triumph or a BMW, but I recall the guy posting it saying he had a vibration prior to the break. Don't ignore the vibrations.

https://seandonnelly.smugmug.com/AltRider/i-xJ2zX4V

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’ve got the AltRider lower and upper bars on my 2018 ATAS. I don’t have the harmonic vibration and they are super burly! They look great and the install was very straight forward. I can’t say enough good things about all the AltRider protection I’ve added. I’ve got the Barkbusters and they’re fine. It was a little cramped to install, but they work great. Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts